PDA

View Full Version : VA, here I come!

lunchboxmunchy
08-22-2013, 04:18 PM
Hey Geeks. I'm currently located in Hawaii. The military is relocating us to Ft Belvoir, VA in July. Yes, it's a little while off, but that's the Army. Lol. I am just curious as to any members being located out there, what there is to do, and possibly which city Ft Belvoir is in. I can't seem to find it. Anything else y'all feel I should know or experience while i'm there would be helpful as well. I'm definitely ready to leave the islands. I've been here 5 years and i'm all "aloha'd" out. LMAO.Thanks!
Feed back please

JSou
08-22-2013, 04:36 PM
Hey Geeks. I'm currently located in Hawaii. The military is relocating us to Ft Belvoir, VA in July. Yes, it's a little while off, but that's the Army. Lol. I am just curious as to any members being located out there, what there is to do, and possibly which city Ft Belvoir is in. I can't seem to find it. Anything else y'all feel I should know or experience while i'm there would be helpful as well. I'm definitely ready to leave the islands. I've been here 5 years and i'm all "aloha'd" out. LMAO.Thanks!
Feed back please
Ironic that you post this as we have a friend here on AG that is stationed in Ft. Belvoir.

Everything "fun" is located near D.C. if you're into the club life or bars in general. For tourism, there's places like museums, parks, and trails you could bike through. People like guns and golfing here LOL.

Ft Belvoir is closer to the Springfield area and is part of Fairfax County. You are maybe an hour away from myself and few members here.

Check out this thread:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/63027-northern-virginia-team-detail-anyone-45.html

Maybe you could attend one of these once you arrive and get settled here.

Anyways, thanks for serving and looking forward to welcoming you to what we call the "DMV" or "NOVA".

lunchboxmunchy
08-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Ironic that you post this as we have a friend here on AG that is stationed in Ft. Belvoir.

Everything "fun" is located near D.C. if you're into the club life or bars in general. For tourism, there's places like museums, parks, and trails you could bike through. People like guns and golfing here LOL.

Ft Belvoir is closer to the Springfield area and is part of Fairfax County. You are maybe an hour away from myself and few members here.

Check out this thread:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/63027-northern-virginia-team-detail-anyone-45.html

Maybe you could attend one of these once you arrive and get settled here.

Anyways, thanks for serving and looking forward to welcoming you to what we call the "DMV" or "NOVA".

That's great! I'm into guns and golfing. However, it's a pain in the a** to be able to get a gun out here and golfing is expensive. The wife and I don't club too much anymore. It's hard to club and come home to kids. Lol. I'll check that link out for sure!

Keep Calm & Chive On

ken tuep
08-22-2013, 06:00 PM
Its a really nice base! Much nicer than Andrews afb, which is the presidential support base. I'm about 30-40 minutes from there. Alexandria has a bunch of neat stuff, and is 15-20 minutes away.

We'll look forward to seeing ya out this way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

rmagnus
08-22-2013, 06:07 PM
Feed back please

Good luck on your move. 5 years is a long time in one duty station. I'm sure VA will be a change of scenery for you. If you can't find Ft. Belvoir you can always do an inner service transfer to the Marines and I bet you can find Quantico!! :xyxthumbs:

lunchboxmunchy
08-22-2013, 06:12 PM
Good luck on your move. 5 years is a long time in one duty station. I'm sure VA will be a change of scenery for you. If you can't find Ft. Belvoir you can always do an inner service transfer to the Marines and I bet you can find Quantico!! :xyxthumbs:

Lol. I did my time. I'm a veteran now. I was medically discharged. Imma stay at home spouse. Haha. My wife is still active. We were both active at one point. I don't think she'd like the USMC anyways. She's a pansy. LMAO

Keep Calm & Chive On

BlkHemiLTD
08-22-2013, 08:29 PM
I know what you mean by aloha'd out I was prior navy and was in Hawaii for 4 years now i'm Army at Belvoir. I love it as a vacation it's beautiful obviously but man the traffic !!! Unfortunately you won't escape the traffic coming here to Belvoir.

lunchboxmunchy
08-22-2013, 08:44 PM
I know what you mean by aloha'd out I was prior navy and was in Hawaii for 4 years now i'm Army at Belvoir. I love it as a vacation it's beautiful obviously but man the traffic !!! Unfortunately you won't escape the traffic coming here to Belvoir.

I sent you a PM.

Keep Calm & Chive On

JHL88
08-22-2013, 08:52 PM
Dude NOVA is the place to be. Everything is so convenient, but the driver's are nuts.

Vegas Transplant
08-22-2013, 08:54 PM
Traffic and humidity.