PDA

View Full Version : So Many To Choose

KenVette57
08-22-2013, 01:10 PM
I'm going looney tunes trying to decide which micro fiber towel to use with each step of the detail. I'm a little confused with these choices.

What do I use to remove wax, polish, sealant, QD, waterless wash etc

Help put some clarity to my confusion :confused:

Bill1234
08-22-2013, 01:14 PM
AG has lots of microfibers. I recommend Costcos yellow ones for wheels and drying seats, etc. But if you are choosing to do protection and compound work, get thick microfibers such as these
Supreme 530 Microfiber Towel 6 Pack (http://www.autogeek.net/mf-530-6.html)

Keep in mind these are for wax wipedowns and not for wheels. They are expensive

KenVette57
08-23-2013, 01:11 PM
Thanks Bill. These will be my next purchase.

This part of the process is, I think the most difficult one aside from the other difficult options.

Thanks very much

CDot
08-23-2013, 02:43 PM
I just ordered some of the Gold Plush towels: Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towel, gold detail cloth, buffing towel, microfiber buffing towel, micro fiber (http://www.autogeek.net/gold-plush-jr-towel.html), they seem to be pretty good for all-around work. AG even used them to display the Pinnacle Waterless wash: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/68825-pinnacle-liquid-crystal-10-minute-waterless-wash-wax.html.

Don't get overwhelmed with the MF selections (I was too). Think in terms of what you are actually gonna use. A lot of MF's can be used for the same thing ; wax/sealant/QD and sometimes polish apps/buffing can generally be done with the same towels. Get some cheap MF's from Wal-Mart for general cleaning, the Microtex Platinum brand has a set of 15 for $9.99 and they are color-coded--the same colors as the CG general purpose towels, so you can use yellow for interior, blue for glass, and green for exterior.

Superman0440
08-23-2013, 02:54 PM
I loves those artic white towels to remove lsp ...so soft!!

erichaley
08-23-2013, 05:24 PM
Arctic White's are currently on BOGO... Now's the time to get them...

mwoolfso
08-23-2013, 07:17 PM
I'm going looney tunes trying to decide which micro fiber towel to use with each step of the detail. I'm a little confused with these choices.

What do I use to remove wax, polish, sealant, QD, waterless wash etc

Help put some clarity to my confusion :confused:

My preferences....

Wax/Polish removal = small nap MF (Supreme 530) or waffle weave MF
Sealant removal = waffle weave or small nap MF
QD = small to medium nap depending on how dirty (Supreme 530 or Cobra Deluxe 600)
Waterless Wash = medium to thick nap MF

Tinwhiskers
08-23-2013, 09:12 PM
I have soooo many different microfiber towels. AG's are ok but there are better ones out there. I'm actually surprised AG doesn't carry a better line of towels since they carry so many awesome products. A microfiber I am really liking right now is called BOA. Google it and try a couple. Microfiber Madness are also awesome but overpriced IMO.

erichaley
08-23-2013, 09:49 PM
I have soooo many different microfiber towels. AG's are ok but there are better ones out there. I'm actually surprised AG doesn't carry a better line of towels since they carry so many awesome products. A microfiber I am really liking right now is called BOA. Google it and try a couple. Microfiber Madness are also awesome but overpriced IMO.

Those are some very, very good towels! Supreme 600 is still my fave for waterless, but those you mention are for many other tasks!

KenVette57
08-23-2013, 11:39 PM
Thanks, I just found the Car Pro site and found the BOA towel. 5 pack for $21, for that I'll give it a shot. I also purchased wash and wax from AG and that included 6 530 JR. towels.

Thanks for the new site. :xyxthumbs:

Tinwhiskers
08-24-2013, 07:47 AM
Those are some very, very good towels! Supreme 600 is still my fave for waterless, but those you mention are for many other tasks!

I agree those towels are not for waterless washes. Great for everything else though. I loke the 600 and have plenty of them but I also like CG's Sasquatch Maximus. Try a couple of those next WW.