PDA

View Full Version : Lake country hybrid vs Hydrotech pads performance difference?

DaC
08-22-2013, 06:44 AM
How do these pads line compares in regards to cut and finishing ability?
I know I love the Hydrotech line and was wondering if the hybrid line would have any benefit over it when used with a non forced rotation da.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
08-22-2013, 08:17 AM
As mike Phillips has addressed his concerns with the thickness of the pad design benefiting one machine to another, I would also use the thinner style pad for a traditional DA and the thicker pad design for a forced rotation machine.

With that being said if you are going to be using a traditional DA I would pick up the thin hydrotech pads as less energy is lost through the thinner pad design and more energy is put to work.

I love both of these pad lines but I use the hydrotechs on my G110v2 and the hybrids on my 3401.

Nick McKees37
08-22-2013, 08:33 AM
The easiest way to describe the Hybrid pads is to say they're Hydro-Tech pads on steroids. That's my way, anyway. :)

Hybrid pads build upon the superb cutting and finishing ability of Hydro-Tech pads and take it a step further; Hybrid pads cut more while maintaining a finish that's as good or better than a comparable Hydro-Tech pad.

I think Mike will agree when I say that we pretty much use Hybrid pads exclusively on the 3401; they simply outperform other foam pads and, thanks to their unique design (45 degree beveled edge), they are smoother than any other foam pad on the 3401.

Mercedes-Benz E350 vs. 1Z, Flex & Blackfire (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/53397-mercedes-benz-e350-vs-1z-flex-blackfire.html)

I was on a roll with the German theme; German car, German wax, and a little bit of German in my bloodstream, so I had to choose my polisher accordingly. I most definitely wasn't going to apply 1Z Polish Wax by hand, so the Flex XC3401 - often referred to as the Mercedes-Benz of dual action polishers - was a no brainer for this detail. I equipped a 3401 with the 4" backing plate from the Changeable Backing Plate System, slapped on a 5" Hybrid Power Finish White Polishing Pad and didn't waste any time.

The 5" Lake Country Hybrid Power Finish Foam Pads are self-centering on the 4" backing plate from the Changeable Backing Plate System.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/nick/1Z%20polish%20wax/1z%20car%20care%205.JPG

The Flex XC3401 equipped with a 5" Hybrid Power Finish White Polishing Pad can only be described as heavenly. There was much concern as to how well the 3401 would handle such a small pad, but with Lake Country's innovative 45 degree beveled edge design of the Hybrid Power Finish Pads and the ridiculously smooth nature of the 3401, they make a perfect combination for effortless machine polishing.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/nick/1Z%20polish%20wax/1z%20car%20care%206.JPG

:dblthumb2:

DaC
08-22-2013, 10:11 AM
Nick, would your opinion still hold when thinking about it being used on a free spindle DA like a g110v2?

KneeDragr
08-22-2013, 10:15 AM
What has more cut on a Griots DA, the orange hybrid or the LC MF pad?

Nick McKees37
08-22-2013, 11:10 AM
Nick, would your opinion still hold when thinking about it being used on a free spindle DA like a g110v2?

For a G110v2 I would stick with 5.5" Hydro-Tech pads, reason being is they are thin. For a conventional DA polisher that features a free-floating spindle bearing assembly (G110v2, 7424xp, Griot's 6 Inch, etc), thin pads work best.