PDA

View Full Version : Liquid souveran substitute

Pages : [1] 2

Rich189
06-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Hey guys lately ive been getting a lot of cars from other officers ( i only do it part time and all my old customers have either classics or customs and are very detail oriented as all of the people on this site are) and all most of the people are worried about is that its shiney and clean... just curious what wax you would use that meets these criteria:

1. has to be a liquid
2. very easy removal
3. works well on all colors
4. wont mute mettalic flake out like souveran paste does
5. relitively economical
6. must bead very well

id like to try some other stuff as the only liquid i really use is liquid souveran and i like it a lot.... but other then that i use all paste waxes (souveran paste zymbol concours nattys etc.)

pt91
06-11-2007, 04:48 PM
I find CMW to work on par with Liquid Souveran and like them both.
Maybe DG105. It is more durable and pretty economical too.

Rsurfer
06-11-2007, 04:50 PM
All 6 criteria = LIQUID SOUVERAN

dengood1
06-11-2007, 05:00 PM
Liquid Souveran is an excellent choice. Another is Collinite 845 and your "beading" will last a loooooonnnnnngggggggg time!

Hint: Warm up the bottle in some warm water first, then apply very thin. Should be easy to remove and probably will last months longer than LS;) .

Nimble
06-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Clearkote carnauba moose wax is my fav all around wax by far.

ScottB
06-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Must it be a wax ?? Then only two others I would use to substitute for Souveran liquid. Einszett Waxpolishsoft and Glanz Wax.

BILL
06-11-2007, 05:25 PM
All 6 criteria = LIQUID SOUVERAN

:righton: AGREE......been there , did that .....:D

supercharged
06-11-2007, 05:25 PM
Why not just use liquid Souveran? Buy a whole gallon of it, and it will be very economical.

Jimmie
06-11-2007, 05:26 PM
The first one that came to mind is DG #105. It's a sealant so if you went that route you could later top with a paste wax.

BILL
06-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Liquid Souveran is an excellent choice. Another is Collinite 845 and your "beading" will last a loooooonnnnnngggggggg time!

Hint: Warm up the bottle in some warm water first, then apply very thin. Should be easy to remove and probably will last months longer than LS;) .

Interesting.....that goes for both ??

dengood1
06-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Interesting.....that goes for both ??

No, Liquid Souveran doesn't need it;)

Last time I used 845 it was left in the sun all morning and had a much more liquid consistency (like it was melted) than when I had used it previously (thick liquid). It went on a heck of a lot easier and came off even better! You don't have to warm it up in water, just leave it in the sun for a bit:)

dengood1
06-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Why not just use liquid Souveran? Buy a whole gallon of it, and it will be very economical.

:iagree:

RPM06
06-11-2007, 05:45 PM

that's a freakin' great idea! I'm definetly going to warm it up before putting my next coat on my boat. Im the MAN :applause: Im the MAN

dengood1
06-11-2007, 06:50 PM
that's a freakin' great idea! I'm definetly going to warm it up before putting my next coat on my boat. Im the MAN :applause: Im the MAN

Let me know how it works for you and tell me I'm wrong;)

Excessive Detail
06-11-2007, 07:07 PM
DG TPP, PB EX-P, Collinite Super Double Coat, Megs. 16, Pinn LS, WG, Nattys. Just a few I think fit the bill.