PDA

View Full Version : Best Waterless Wash?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

cmoneyinc
08-21-2013, 11:19 PM
Just wondering what everyone considers the best waterless wash product out there. I find that a waterless wash has an important place in my regimen, and think it will come in handy in the winter.

I have only used CG's EcoSmart RU, and it seems to do a good job. But with all the knowledge and experience on this site, I was wondering if anyone thinks there are superior options out there. I kinda jumped off the Chemical Guys train as of late, having found superior products in other categories (polishes, compounds, etc) that have done the job much better.

Not interested in the "rinse-less" wash systems right now, just the waterless.

erichaley
08-21-2013, 11:21 PM
Ultima Waterless Wash Plus (UWW+)

For an added bonus, put it in a sprayer.

spiralout462
08-21-2013, 11:22 PM
ULtima Waterless Wash Plus may be the best detailing product on the market! It just plain works! UWW+ is inexpensive and easy to use as well.

cmoneyinc
08-21-2013, 11:28 PM
erichaley: I agree, I currently use the Kwazar Mercury Pro spray bottle for waterless wash.

Radarryan
08-21-2013, 11:28 PM
I use Ultima Waterless Wash too but Pinnacle Waterless Wash with Carnauba looks pretty good too. The recent review (I think by Nick) shows that it has power and a nice finish too. I think other members have experienced the same thing. Let's put it this way: if I were to use something other than Ultima, it would be Pinnacle's WW.

erichaley
08-21-2013, 11:33 PM
erichaley: I agree, I currently use the Kwazar Mercury Pro spray bottle for waterless wash.

I use the Solo 418 1-Liter One-Hand Sprayer. Costs about $20 and works very well!! Just picked up two more.

willtothewong
08-22-2013, 12:44 AM
I use Ultima Waterless Wash too but Pinnacle Waterless Wash with Carnauba looks pretty good too. The recent review (I think by Nick) shows that it has power and a nice finish too. I think other members have experienced the same thing. Let's put it this way: if I were to use something other than Ultima, it would be Pinnacle's WW.

I'm using Pinnacle's ww and it rocks! Very economical.

inDetail
08-22-2013, 01:33 AM
Infinite Use Detail Juice. I prefer it over Ultima. They are pretty much on par with each other in terms of results and value. Ultima is a little cheaper once diluted. I just like buying from the under dog small business owner. It's just my way of helping a fellow American keep food on his table and make some money.

MajinAl
08-22-2013, 01:48 AM
I love megs d115

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AG Online

silverfox
08-22-2013, 04:19 AM
D115 may be late on the scene but Meg's has a winner. I think there was a thread about waterless wash comparisons and D115 came out on top in most categories.

I also have the Pinnacle and Ultima products. I find that pinnacle gives my car a better look than Ultima and its more forgiving meaning that it will never streak no matter how much you put on and its sun friendly.

I plan on trying D115 when I need to resupply.

mwoolfso
08-22-2013, 06:07 AM
I'm using Pinnacle's ww and it rocks! Very economical.

I have used PWW and UWW+. Both work very well for me and you cannot go wrong with either product. Personally, I believe they will cater to slightly different people/buyers since there is Carnauba in one of them.

However, if were to put them up head-to-head, in term of performance UWW+ wins by a nose. In terms of total cost of ownership, PWW is a clear winner.

cmoneyinc
08-22-2013, 09:07 AM
Would I be correct in assuming that the Ultima would require less buffing because it is strictly synthetic and there is no carnuba in it? The Ecosmart RU has carnuba in it like the Pinnacle, and it seems that it takes a little more buffing to get it completely off the surface so it doesn't haze or streak.

I do use the Ecosmart pretty generously when doing a WW (I basically saturate the panel I'm working on), because I figure its better to safe then sorry with regards to not scratching the paint. So I'm not sure if its the fact that I'm using too much, or the fact of the carnuba that requires more buffing. Sometimes I even have go the extra step of using a QD or sprax wax to get a completely streak free shine.

I understand the ones with carnuba are providing a little extra layer of protection, but I'm just speaking in terms of ease of use/removal. I use Menzerna Power Lock as a sealant and have some liquid carnuba that I can always apply if needed for extra protection/depth.

07gtcs
08-22-2013, 09:27 AM
I prefer Blackfire, but also use Ultimate and have used Poorboys.

cmoneyinc
08-22-2013, 09:37 AM
Another question: If I do end up getting one of the concentrated versions, will I need to get deionized or distiller water to dilute it with or can I just use the tap water from my garage sink? I do have a whole-house filter on my water supply at my house, not sure if that matters.

erichaley
08-22-2013, 09:41 AM
Use distilled water.