PDA

View Full Version : Metal/ Aluminum Polish

Pages : [1] 2

lunchboxmunchy
08-21-2013, 09:04 PM
Hey Geeks. I have used Mother's Aluminum Polish and have been pleased with the results. However, it there is minor pitting, scratching or really "stubborn" areas, it doesn't work well. What other kind of bare metal polishes are there that'll work well. I don't have the option of removing the rims and whatnot. Mainly, motorcycle rims.
Feed back please

Bates Detailing
08-21-2013, 09:13 PM
I have been using NuVite for 10 years now for all my aluminum needs. Love their stuff.

lunchboxmunchy
08-21-2013, 09:16 PM
I have been using NuVite for 10 years now for all my aluminum needs. Love their stuff.

Is it pretty aggressive, yet leaves a soft finish? Where do you buy it? I just searched Google and couldn't find anything

Bates Detailing
08-21-2013, 09:25 PM
PMing you man - dont think I can post a link to it.

They have extremely aggressive to final polishes ..... just like with clears/paints when its real bad you must do it in steps - no real miracle one step just yet :buffing:

MikeN
08-21-2013, 09:27 PM
Can you send me that link too please

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AG Online

KillaCam
08-21-2013, 09:45 PM
For over the counter, I've had great results with white diamond metal polish and sealant. I have probably 6 different metal polishes and it's the best on my high polished aluminum wheels.

Kevin Cullen
08-21-2013, 10:02 PM
For bare aluminum Gord's Metal Polish or Zephyr. For final polishing white diamond or the mothers brand you displayed (OP) or anything that is white in color.

If it is defect removal you are after than you must use appropriate buffs and rotory buffers. It is very hard and time consuming to remove defects by hand.

Here is a time tested trick, if you have black tag left in the pitting or scratched areas, rub corn starch or white flour into the metal with a soft cotton cloth and the black with disappear without scratching the surface. Then seal with your favorite brand.

tuscarora dave
08-21-2013, 10:02 PM
Poorboy's World Pro Polish 2, poorboys world pro polish, poorboys polish, best car polish (http://www.autogeek.net/poorboys-world-pro-polish-2.html)

Pureshine
08-21-2013, 10:07 PM
My new metal polish is Meg's motorcycle all metal polish stuff is great $8.

tuscarora dave
08-21-2013, 10:12 PM
For bare aluminum Gord's Metal Polish or Zephyr. For final polishing white diamond or the mothers brand you displayed (OP) or anything that is white in color.

If it is defect removal you are after than you must use appropriate buffs and rotory buffers. It is very hard and time consuming to remove defects by hand.

Here is a time tested trick, if you have black tag left in the pitting or scratched areas, rub corn starch or white flour into the metal with a soft cotton cloth and the black with disappear without scratching the surface. Then seal with your favorite brand.
I'll second the flour or cornstarch trick. That's what's in the bucket with the yellow lid in this photo. Whenever there's lots of aluminum, my flour bucket is there somewhere.

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd323/tuscaroradave/008-32.jpg (http://s528.photobucket.com/user/tuscaroradave/media/008-32.jpg.html)

BillE
08-22-2013, 06:30 AM
Kevin/Dave...

Thanx for the tip on using corn starch and flour!

Bill

sproketser
08-22-2013, 06:37 AM
Didn t know about these tips , thanx fella ! Learn everyday right !

DonMTV
08-22-2013, 10:07 PM
I'd love to see a write up using cotton wheels, the grease-less compounds, and rouge to restore aluminum wheels or something else.

Don

KillaCam
08-22-2013, 10:32 PM
I'd love to see a write up using cotton wheels, the grease-less compounds, and rouge to restore aluminum wheels or something else.

Don

There's some YouTube videos out there. But I would like to see some too!

DonMTV
08-22-2013, 10:40 PM
I have seen videos on YouTube, but they don't give me what I want to see. I have a feeling Autogeek won't use the cotton wheels, grease less compounds, and rouge because they don't sell that stuff. I would love to see a rough aluminum to mirror finish using a rotary.