PDA

View Full Version : what do you mobile guys do with your generator?

danieledwards12
08-21-2013, 07:49 PM
mobile detailers, when you get to your work "site" do you take your generator out of you enclosed trailer? if not what do you do about the exaust? ive seen where some people have put a hole in the side of the trailer and ran the exaust pipe so it can exit the trailer. i really dont want to go cutting on the trailer though unless it is really needed.

lunchboxmunchy
08-21-2013, 08:56 PM
I'm not a mobile detailer, but I have thought about that kind of thing. If you take the hosing that you would use on your dryer, you could secure that to your generator and run it to wherever you needed it go. I haven't tried it, but it seems like a pretty good idea.

danieledwards12
08-21-2013, 09:09 PM
hmmm good idea, and i could leave it in the trailer that way. i bought a new one this evening and it about killed me getting it into my apartment. i guy seen me struggling and was nice enough to help me..

Bates Detailing
08-21-2013, 09:11 PM
We pull them in and out for each job - about the only real exercise I get anymore sadly lol.

Tony@TDC
08-21-2013, 09:14 PM
I have mine mounted in the back of the trailer and the exhaust is facing out. I've never had a problem with it. By the way what type of generators do you guys run? I have two Hondas and Coleman as a back up

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AG Online

lunchboxmunchy
08-21-2013, 09:15 PM
hmmm good idea, and i could leave it in the trailer that way. i bought a new one this evening and it about killed me getting it into my apartment. i guy seen me struggling and was nice enough to help me..

It wouldn't hurt to try and it'd be super cheap. All you'd have to buy would be the hosing and some zip ties.

danieledwards12
08-21-2013, 09:20 PM
i really like the idea of trying to keep it in the the trailer, not because i am lazy but i have a bad back and heavy lifting is hard on me.

jwgreen6
08-21-2013, 09:52 PM
On a "Trucks" episode on the SpikeTV network, they were building a work trailer which featured a high-power generator. They ran an exhaust pipe through the floor and covered the pipe with high-temp header tape. They ran an extension under the floor to the side of the trailer for proper ventilation. I thought about doing the same thing when I get my van.