PDA

View Full Version : Ivory carnauba worse or just as good as #1?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Thejoyofdriving
06-13-2007, 06:28 PM
ive been searching the net, but i have not found any helpfull info:(

ScottB
06-13-2007, 06:52 PM
http://www.geoffreybodinefrenzy.com/_derived/geoffrey_bodine_s_waxing_frenzy_.html_txt_101_2105 .gif

http://www.geoffreybodinefrenzy.com/_derived/geoffrey_bodine_s_waxing_frenzy_.html_txt_Copy%20o f%20101_2101.gif

my eyes tell me it looks a little different. Cannot tell how its made or refined !

coupe
06-14-2007, 10:02 AM
Are you from Megs forum? Because that's what they are preaching about.
Ivory carnauba is outstanding quality. Why don't you try some Souveran paste for yourself, and go a side/by side comparison with #1 yellow carnauba?

Yup he is the kid who will not polish his paint becuase he believes BMW has such soft clear that he will damage it if he so much as uses a cleaner wax.

Dust2Glory
06-14-2007, 11:19 AM
bwm soft clear coat my left foot!!! i detail a 745il monthly and have used 360 on it and its freaking beautiful!!! who cares what this cat thinks... he needs to get a clue

Dust2Glory
06-14-2007, 11:21 AM
I figured its a big forum, there must be someone here that knows about this, dont you think.

dude most of all of us are "detailers" not chemists... for all we know they could add food coloring to white and get yellow. use what you think works, don't sweat the small stuff

coupe
06-14-2007, 12:34 PM
dude most of all of us are "detailers" not chemists... for all we know they could add food coloring to white and get yellow. use what you think works, don't sweat the small stuff

Exactly, i dont see why it freakin matters.

ScottB
06-14-2007, 05:24 PM
it is my hope that he is just curious ... because it appears this topic (and at least one other) seems to take stab with AG products. We all agree, use what you want and use it often !

Thejoyofdriving
06-14-2007, 11:00 PM
Hey, Hey, i am just trying to learn as much as i can. I for one want to know what i am putting on my, and customers car and my car, i am starting to detail super cars like the S-7s (400,000), and a ferrari(125,000), along with a maserati(80,000), and soon more. My customers want to make sure i know my stuff. so, when they ask me why i use pinnacle, i would like to be able to know as much as i can about the company, including what they put in there products, how the products work, and what effect the products will have. So i need to sweat over the small stuff, because when you get to high level cars, every small thing matters. so please treat me and my knowlage with respect, and my wanting to learn.

Thejoyofdriving
06-14-2007, 11:22 PM
another thing now in days there is so much false advertising every where, that you have to be careful, especially when i am going to be spending thousands of dollars in products, and in charge of high end cars. meguiars says that ivory carnauba is a bunch of b.s. so when a company that has been around for 100 years says something is b.s. then something in my brain clicks, and i have to find out who is lying. the reason why i have spent 500$ on pinnacle products is because i am satisfied that it is a legitimate company worthy of my money and use for now.

Dust2Glory
06-15-2007, 11:47 AM
Hey, Hey, i am just trying to learn as much as i can. I for one want to know what i am putting on my, and customers car and my car, i am starting to detail super cars like the S-7s (400,000), and a ferrari(125,000), along with a maserati(80,000), and soon more. My customers want to make sure i know my stuff. so, when they ask me why i use pinnacle, i would like to be able to know as much as i can about the company, including what they put in there products, how the products work, and what effect the products will have. So i need to sweat over the small stuff, because when you get to high level cars, every small thing matters. so please treat me and my knowlage with respect, and my wanting to learn.

no offense to you brother, but if you're apart of a meg's forum of course they are going to say that stuff they don't have is bad... they want you to keep your money with them. they don't want you to use stuff that someone else sells. you need to keep your loyalty to one place. Killr gave you as much info as he could... and no one is going to tell you the secrets. if you got to know then do a test... ivory based on one side of a hood and #1 on the other side and see if you can tell a difference. i hate to say it but you are probably not going to find the answers you're looking for. you just going to have to try it out for yourself

Thejoyofdriving
06-15-2007, 01:53 PM
To day my 500$ shipment of pinnacle is going to be coming in, and i wil be doing a side by side with Griots. I will be sure to post the results. I would truthfuly like to be a 100% pinnacle user but pinnacle does not make enough products. you cant detail a whole car with just pinnacle products, or atleast do a good job. they dont make a engine cleaner with oil eating microbes, or a orange citrus cleaner, and many more. so Unfortunately i have to look for other company's that are more than happy to take my money. Hopefuly pinnacle will start making more products as i would love to give AG my money:D make more products get more money!

ScottB
06-15-2007, 06:51 PM
now I could have warned you to save your money on Griots ... but seriously they do have a couple nice items. There waxes are hard to use, not very easy to remove, and dont look all that special. Interior Cleaner, Soap, Wheel Cleaner, and Glass Cleaner are nice choices as is the UnderCarriage Spray.

As offered before, Megs is not going to agree that someone elses product is better. Remember the bulk (really all) products are still mass market price point products. This means they dont use the best ingredients as they need to market for 9.99 at Wally World. Wonder what that wax really costs them, less than the bottle !! Its the marketing that costs the most, showing what there products really are.

Dust2Glory
06-15-2007, 06:55 PM
To day my 500$ shipment of pinnacle is going to be coming in, and i wil be doing a side by side with Griots. I will be sure to post the results. I would truthfuly like to be a 100% pinnacle user but pinnacle does not make enough products. you cant detail a whole car with just pinnacle products, or atleast do a good job. they dont make a engine cleaner with oil eating microbes, or a orange citrus cleaner, and many more. so Unfortunately i have to look for other company's that are more than happy to take my money. Hopefuly pinnacle will start making more products as i would love to give AG my money:D make more products get more money!

every detailing company has their highs and lows, you have to find what you like out of everything, some maybe meg's, some maybe AG line... who knows. just find what works for you, and don't be afraid to experiment. I was a strict Rightlook person, but after being on this forum and seeing what other stuff people use, i have sent ALOT of money with AG in the past month.

Cheetah
06-15-2007, 10:01 PM
My advice is to not strive to use all pinnacle products or exclusively any other company's products for that matter. Just keep reading and asking questions and experimenting a little here and there and you'll find the best products that work for you. There are companies that make 95% crap but still make 1 product that is awesome even if it is OTC.
I don't know if it was mentioned on this thread already because I kinda skimmed most of the posts but on autopia there is a huge thread talking about white and yellow carnauba and how it's made and all the rumors and scientific data and stats and arguing back and forth etc that will definitely provide you with some info. check it out if you haven't already.

good luck and we're looking forward to seeing the results of your comparison. with pics!

Thejoyofdriving
06-16-2007, 12:03 AM
Just keep reading and asking questions.
good luck and we're looking forward to seeing the results of your comparison. with pics!
Asking questions.....thats my specialty!;) as soon as i fix my pc problem i will be sure to post the results, with loads of pics.