PDA

View Full Version : Detailing Organizations and Training Facilities

hernandez.art13
08-21-2013, 11:32 AM
Hello everybody,

I am looking for a training facility or detailing organizations in my area.

I live in the city of La Puente, CA (about 20 minutes from Whittier, CA and 20 Minutes from Ontario,CA. So right in the middle of the 2 cities.

I know there is Meguiar's, 3D and Chemical Guys. Those are about a 1.5 hour drive for me. I was interested in something closer.

So I can keep further learning. So I figured why not ask AGO since a lot of members here are filled with information.

Thanks Again,
Art

cleanmycorolla
08-21-2013, 11:48 AM
Learning comes from practice, just get some junkers from friends and have at it.

Also theres nothing close to you so just head down to Ingelwood if you really need smart detail university at CG HQ. But you'll learn nothing there you wont here, just get pracitce on junkers and like basic practice, dont try wet sanding and some major project, start on like 1 door or something.

Setec Astronomy
08-21-2013, 12:15 PM
I realize this isn't any closer, but Rightlook is in San Diego and I think TheDetailingPros is also. They both have formalized training programs.

hernandez.art13
08-21-2013, 12:33 PM
Well I'm pretty decent on paint, I know how to wet sand orange peel of repaints, light scrathes, remove runs, Rotary, etc...

This past weekend other members were working on interior and I was impressed by their interior work, that and I want to keep learning the business side of it.

I am 3/4 of the way to Renny Doyle's book an he recommended hands on training over trial and error.

And he brought up training facilities and organizations. He has a place in Big Bear (I think)

Well so far I have Meguiars Detailing classes, I know other members attend the Thursday night classes and 3D said they offer a certificate if you complete all there courses. (Both are free)

I talked to my uncle and he said "why don't you go the local Auto Body Shops, give them your business card and tell them what you specialize in. Since you can't go work at one full time because you are a full time student"