PDA

View Full Version : Can polishing pads be put in the fridge like paint roller pads?

Dogfather
08-21-2013, 08:03 AM
I'll apologize in advance for the run on sentence.

If polishing takes a few days, can cleaning pads and waiting for them to dry be avoided by wrapping them in plastic or foil and putting them in the fridge as we do with paint roller pads when painting a room takes a few days?

af90
08-21-2013, 08:06 AM
Hmm no idea honestly. Usually though if you wash them at night and squeeze all the water out and leave them to dry they'll be good in 8-12 hours in time for the morning. You could always spin them dry a bit as well.

FUNX650
08-21-2013, 08:19 AM
Usually though if you wash them at night and squeeze all the water out
and leave them to dry they'll be good in 8-12 hours in time for the morning.

You could always spin them dry a bit as well.
^^^http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/agree.gif^^^

This...Along with using "water-based" polishes...
And they'll never know the difference after being re-primed/re-wetted.

:)

Bob

erichaley
08-21-2013, 08:34 AM
If I'm going to use them later, or at the latest, the next day, I put them in a Ziploc quart size freezer bag and squeeze most of the air out when I seal it up. I then mark on the outside what product is on the pad.

Just try not to leave them in there any longer than that. This is not a long-term solution.

This only applies to pads with product on them. Don't store pads that have been washed in bags as they will get moldy.

Dogfather
08-21-2013, 08:35 AM
^^^http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/agree.gif^^^

This...Along with using "water-based" polishes...
And they'll never know the difference after being re-primed/re-wetted.

:)

Bob

Thanks. I was just looking for a lazyman's ( I won't mention any names) way.

Dogfather
08-21-2013, 08:44 AM
If I'm going to use them later, or at the latest, the next day, I put them in a Ziploc quart size freezer bag and squeeze most of the air out when I seal it up. I then mark on the outside what product is on the pad.

Ahh Thanks.