PDA

View Full Version : Chemical guys

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Denali2011
08-21-2013, 12:26 AM
Was just wondering how many of you are using just chemical guys stuff? id love to see you collection of CG stuff! I just ordered a bunch of items and cant wait to try them out.

rjd598
08-21-2013, 12:35 AM
I use a few of their products. You have to pick and choose the ones that fit your needs but they have good products for sure IMO

MajinAl
08-21-2013, 12:37 AM
90% of their stuff is hype

Denali2011
08-21-2013, 12:49 AM
90% of their stuff is hype

thats what I was wondering also, ive used mostly meg stuff till I decided to try something new

HateSwirls
08-21-2013, 12:59 AM
I bought and used so far.
CG'S

Maxi-Suds. Great soap it produces.

V34 Compound, cuts extremely well and wipes off like a polish

V.R.T, a little goes a long way and holds up in the rain, love it.

EZ Cream Glaze, well it speaks for itself, awesome product.

Have most of their MF and foam pads, they hold up very well.

No hype in these products , they live up to the high expectations.

It's all preference I guess.

My favorite product from this list is the EZ Glaze, it gives me the most shine I've ever seen on my black car,period.

MajinAl
08-21-2013, 01:04 AM
I bought and used so far.
CG'S

Maxi-Suds. Great soap it produces.

V34 Compound, cuts extremely well and wipes off like a polish

V.R.T, a little goes a long way and holds up in the rain, love it.

EZ Cream Glaze, well it speaks for itself, awesome product.

Have most of their MF and foam pads, they hold up very well.

No hype in these products , they live up to the high expectations.

It's all preference I guess.

My favorite product from this list is the EZ Glaze, it gives me the most shine I've ever seen on my black car,period.

Cg pads and mf pads are all b n s re labeled
Mf towels are decent their v line suck they smell great thats about it and customer service is horrible

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AG Online

davey g-force
08-21-2013, 01:17 AM
There are some interesting comments about CG products in this thread:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/69332-chemical-guys-coating-second-skin-6-a.html

silverfox
08-21-2013, 04:59 AM
Most of their stuff is hyped up average stuff.

However the following should be on every detailers shelf:

Citrus wash and gloss

V series polishes

EZ creme glaze

Blacklight

erichaley
08-21-2013, 06:14 AM
I like their water spot remover. Works great!!

cfarley27
08-21-2013, 06:37 AM
I have quite a few of their products and I think they are okay for the most part. Their products can be quite hit or miss.

Silk Shine - I use this on the interior and it lasts for about a month, doesnt seem to attract dust.

Glossworkz Shampoo - It's okay. I dont think it is worth the price.

Citrus Wash and Gloss - Good cleaning power, just watch dilution ratios.

New Look Dressing (Tire and Trim Gel, new name) - It is an oily gel, I dont think this is the right name. Do not recommend at all. Doesn't last long and slings like a mofo, no matter how light I put it on.

V7 - I have it. Don't get the hype about it. Mediocre to me at best.

Blue Wheel and Rim Cleaner - Super cheap to dilute. Still have to scrub some, but I like it.

Foam Gun - I actually like their foam gun and find it to be a GREAT deal. I have the old version which was $60 but came with 3 soaps. This is probably my favorite product of theirs.

P40 QD - Forgot I had this. Bought a gallon, so far it is good. I use it mainly for after washes to aid with drying as I just want to get some extra slickness. Don't really know the true cleaning power, but it is good with what I use it for. It was cheaper per gallon than other QDs, which is why I bought it, but it probably wouldn't be my FIRST choice.

goldendodo19
08-21-2013, 07:52 AM
Citrus wash and gloss is ok. I find it to not rinse off the car too well especially at the stripping ratio. Wash and clear is a little bit better. I have their piņa colada air freshener which smells great but lasts all of 5 minutes. The rest of their stuff does not interest me. I also dislike how they have so many products that do the same thing and their website has so many discrepancies and misspellings.

BradsDetailing
08-21-2013, 08:49 AM
v7, glossworkz glaze, blacklight, wash and gloss, honey dew, maxii suds and their apc are pretty popular.

The thing I don't like about them is they are kind of shady. They offer several different products for the same purpose. Take their shampoos, they offer several different ones; mr pink, wash n gloss, wash n clear, maxii suds, honey dew etc...And some of their products blend in with one another so it's hard to tell the difference between them.

The way I view them is when they are creating a new product is they take an existing product and they either add a little bit of something, or remove something else, find a use for it and give it a cool name. Not to say they don't creat some quality products or try to but they have far too much stuff and they are more quantity over quality right now.

I use their fabric clean which is great. Super cheap, biodegradable, deodorizes and work great.

Just ordered blacklight, free sample of v7 and their metal polish and wax. I always check for reviews and demonstrations first.

I think if they really gave themselves a once over and eliminated some bad or so-so products and had a more clear cut choice for each purpose they would be better off.

GenesisCoupe
08-21-2013, 08:56 AM
A lot of my products are Chemical Guys, i can't complain about any of them except air freshners- do not last too long.

Dogfather
08-21-2013, 09:15 AM
The thing I don't like about them is they are kind of shady. They offer several different products for the same purpose.

Then Megs must be very shady.

goldendodo19
08-21-2013, 09:55 AM
Then Megs must be very shady.

Think it's a little different. Meg's has their three lines aimed at different markets and its explicitly stated. Cg is all over the place. There's a few other shady brands but ill leave it at that.