PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection

agarabaghi
08-20-2013, 11:58 AM
At what point in my steps do I apply this??

Wash
Clay
BlackFire?
Do I need to apply CG Black Light?
Can i Skip the Black Light if im using BlackFire and use V7 spray on it?
Or should I just do Wash Clay BlackFire then wax?

Also when it says:
Optional top coat for maximum impact:

For ultimate depth and wetness, apply one coat of BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection and allow to cure for eight hours. Top with two coats of BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax. The resulting shine is wetness over energy, a Wet Ice over Fire Shine!

Does curing mean, letting it sit after its been buffed off?

kevincwelch
08-20-2013, 12:04 PM
I love this stuff.

This is a sealant, so one could consider it to be a last step product. So, after washing, claying +/- polishing, you would apply Blackfire WDAFPP by hand or machine and buff off. The instructions say to let it cure for 8 hours, so don't apply anything else on top or get it wet for 8 hours.

You could put a wax on top of it after it cures, or you can apply the Blackfire spray polymer protection. I think the spray works really nicely and brings out the dark color of my car when used in combo with the Blackfire WDAFPP.

agarabaghi
08-20-2013, 12:08 PM
Curing is after ive buffed it off right?

Could i apply this over BlackLight?

kevincwelch
08-20-2013, 12:28 PM
Curing is the time after buffing the haze/excess off.

I'm not exactly sure how much of Blacklight is a sealant v a glaze, but the Chemical Guys website has it listed under the "glaze" category.

It is a sealant to some degree according to them. I suppose you could put Blackfire on top of Blacklight, but I'm not sure why you would.

Either way, you should be able to spray V7 over Blacklight or Blackfire.

Anyone else want to weigh in on the theory or with experience?

agarabaghi
08-20-2013, 04:44 PM
Cool that will save me a step. I guess ill just clay, nano 3n polish, then blackfire, V7, Wax

MajinAl
08-20-2013, 04:49 PM
i would either go
BFWD
V7 or
BL
BFWD
V7

custmsprty
08-20-2013, 04:49 PM
Curing is after ive buffed it off right?

Could i apply this over BlackLight?

I use Blacklight all the time, I would say use one or the other, kind of redundant to use both. But if your going to I'd go with Blacklight on top of the sealant, but again I think it's a waste of time. I'd use one or the other and top off with a nice wax like Pete's 53 on top of the Blacklight or CG 50/50.

I did this Audi Saturday, that's one coat of Blacklight. I don't see a need for any other product, the proof is in the shine and it's well protected.

The second photo is my ride with one coat Blacklight and topped off with Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax.

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/custmsprty/AUDI-A6BLKLIGHT_zps7dc44c6f.jpg (http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/custmsprty/media/AUDI-A6BLKLIGHT_zps7dc44c6f.jpg.html)

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/custmsprty/pinnaclesouveranwax1_zpsaa65418d.jpg (http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/custmsprty/media/pinnaclesouveranwax1_zpsaa65418d.jpg.html)

geekdout
08-20-2013, 06:13 PM
Blacklight from chemical guys is really more of a cleaner sealant (AIO), so you would not want to apply it after BFWD or any LSP. This would be working backwards as Mike would put it. You mentioned that you might use Nano polish as part of your process, if that is the case I would suggest using Jetseal 109 or any straight sealant. After your choice of sealants has cured for the recommended curing time you can top it with a carnauba wax if you like. Normally sealants will give you the durability you are looking for and the carnauba wax will add just a touch more of that deep wet look we are all after.

wdmaccord
08-20-2013, 11:12 PM
You may want to compound between the clay and polishing step depending what kind of condition your paint is in.

WDAFPP is awesome stuff. I couldn't believe how slick my paint felt afterward. I let the haze sit for about 30 minutes before I buff it off, then start the cure clock. I go 12 hours but 8 might be ok. Usually by the time I get the WDAFPP done, it's evening, so I'm not going to apply anything else until the next morning anyway. Try finishing with BF Crystal Seal and after that cures, hit it with a coat of BF Midnight Sun paste wax. Especially if you have dark paint. Killer!

07gtcs
08-21-2013, 11:05 AM
If your going to use BF products..
Wash
Clay
BF Gloss Enhancing Polish
All Purpose Paint protection
BF Carnauba Wax

Look is stunning....aka: Whiplash

kevincwelch
08-21-2013, 11:16 AM
If your going to use BF products..
Wash
Clay
BF Gloss Enhancing Polish
All Purpose Paint protection
BF Carnauba Wax

Look is stunning....aka: Whiplash

I have the gloss enhancing polish, and I must be doing something wrong when using it, because I seem to get either marring or hazing when applying it.

When I used it the first time, it was with a GG and a white LC CCS pad. The second time I used it was with a Rupes and a Rupes white pad. As suggested, I used a speed of 4-5 both times. Now, I haven't hand applied it, but I just didn't get the results I was hoping to get and had to break out the SF4000 both times to correct the paint.

Try lower speed? No pressure? I would like to avoid a hand application due to time constraints.

cleanmycorolla
08-21-2013, 01:01 PM
I have the gloss enhancing polish, and I must be doing something wrong when using it, because I seem to get either marring or hazing when applying it.

When I used it the first time, it was with a GG and a white LC CCS pad. The second time I used it was with a Rupes and a Rupes white pad. As suggested, I used a speed of 4-5 both times. Now, I haven't hand applied it, but I just didn't get the results I was hoping to get and had to break out the SF4000 both times to correct the paint.

Try lower speed? No pressure? I would like to avoid a hand application due to time constraints.

Perhaps you're using too much product. I use GEP a lot, I use black pads to apply. Maybe that will help!

kevincwelch
08-21-2013, 01:17 PM
Perhaps you're using too much product. I use GEP a lot, I use black pads to apply. Maybe that will help!

I'll try the black pad next time. In the prior cases, I primed the pad and used pea sized spots x4. I'd like to see the results; everything I've read about the GEP/paint finish combo has been great.

Sent via Tapatalk.

07gtcs
08-21-2013, 04:07 PM
I use...The Lake Country Hydro-Tech 5 1/2 x 7/8 Inch Foam Pads
Tangerine and Crimson

wdmaccord
08-21-2013, 11:22 PM

I had this problem with a 2008 CRV using BF TPnS. I used too much the first time. Asked for help and determined I was using too much. Stripped her down and tried again using way less. Still had problems. So it could be the paint. I have 2 other black Hondas and no issues with the TPnS. I got some GEP to try on the CRV for the winter tear down. Hopefully I'll get better results. So maybe you might want to try TPnS and see if that works better on that particular paint?