PDA

View Full Version : quastion before going full detailing

pagaz
08-20-2013, 11:48 AM
hello .
I want start detailing my car (red metallic -megane 2004 ).
my procsse will be :

1. wash
2.clay
3.polish with g220v2
3a.ultimate compound with red pad burgadhy
3b. ultimate polish with yellow pad
3c. ultimate polish with black pad
4.black wax by hand

I will do thet one section on day because I don't have shade or garage , so I will be
doing this early in the morning.

1.what u think about the procsse ?
2.how is the black wax ?
3.tips \ tricks\ something elase ?

thanks

Desertnate
08-20-2013, 12:25 PM
I don't know if you'd gain anything from 3b and 3c. I really think one application should be good.

I just re-habilitated a 14-year old Subaru, and after doing the correction with UC, one application with UP was all it needed. I used a polishing pad for the UP and the finish was glass smooth. I could have, and almost, stopped with the UC because it finished off so nice. Since I had the time and product I kept going with the UP and was glad I did. The additional shine and smoothing was worth it.

pagaz
08-20-2013, 01:00 PM
I don't know if you'd gain anything from 3b and 3c. I really think one application should be good.

I just re-habilitated a 14-year old Subaru, and after doing the correction with UC, one application with UP was all it needed. I used a polishing pad for the UP and the finish was glass smooth. I could have, and almost, stopped with the UC because it finished off so nice. Since I had the time and product I kept going with the UP and was glad I did. The additional shine and smoothing was worth it.

which pad u using with uc?

how u working with the da ?

Desertnate
08-20-2013, 02:21 PM
I used a polishing pad from a budget hardware store here in the US. However, their line of pads come in three catagories very similar to other brands. Black is finishing, Blue is Polishing, and Pink was cutting. It was my first attempt, and I wasn't going to sink big bucks into my maiden voyage on an old car.

As far as the DA, I followed the advice shown in Mike video's here. I did my cutting with the UC and had the DA on 5 and took it section by section. I buffed the product until it was almost clear, and then wiped it down with a microfiber towel. I did the same technique with the UP, but slowed the DA down to about 3.5.