PDA

View Full Version : Blacklight on Opticoat

Theostoubos
08-19-2013, 09:20 PM
I searched quite a bit and couldn't find anything on this topic.

Do you think that there might be a scenario where you can either apply Blacklight on top of OC...

or

use it once or twice a year as a mild cleaner/sealant on top of Opticoat ?

A lot of people have commented on the slickness and looks of BL and if the mild abrasives and/or type of application (eg DA + Red Pad) will not remove OC, then it might worth it to give it a try.

What do you think ?

Rsurfer
08-19-2013, 09:29 PM
I searched quite a bit and couldn't find anything on this topic.

Do you think that there might be a scenario where you can either apply Blacklight on top of OC...

or

use it once or twice a year as a mild cleaner/sealant on top of Opticoat ?

A lot of people have commented on the slickness and looks of BL and if the mild abrasives and/or type of application (eg DA + Red Pad) will not remove OC, then it might worth it to give it a try.

What do you think ?

Not to knock your idea, but I think it's a waste of time. Why do you need to top OC?

Theostoubos
08-19-2013, 09:36 PM
Not to knock your idea, but I think it's a waste of time. Why do you need to top OC?

No worries. I haven't applied it yet, but I read that OC although it keeps its hydrophobic qualities "forever" it does not feel very slick after a while.

I also read that some people use a mild clay or a strong APC to restore the slickness of OC.

I might as well over think it. But I thought that the BL will act as a mild paint cleaner and add some slickness if necessary...

Rsurfer
08-19-2013, 09:41 PM
No worries. I haven't applied it yet, but I read that OC although it keeps its hydrophobic qualities "forever" it does not feel very slick after a while.

I also read that some people use a mild clay or a strong APC to restore the slickness of OC.

I might as well over think it. But I thought that the BL will act as a mild paint cleaner and add some slickness if necessary...

Your right about OC not being slick. Try some Optimum Car Wax..so easy to use and will add slickness.