PDA

View Full Version : So i was at a C&C yesterday and this putz in a ferrari....

Rez90
08-19-2013, 07:32 AM
was spraying detailer all over his car and wiping it down. ok great. he then approaches me and my buddy and starts his shtick.

"Do you guys use this stuff?"

I didn't look at the bottle in detail but i saw on the top it said "Liquid Glass". Which i remember from my college days. The stuff in the old metal can etc.

guy goes on with "It's the best. the stuff is amazing. I use the whole line. It's by far the best stuff out there. my detailer uses it and it completely changed my car....it's the best..."

Blah.....blah blah............blah blah blah blah.

I told the guy i've used it in the past and i use a lot of different products from a lot of different companies...trying to be neutral

"Why?!? there's nothing better than Liquid Glass...nothing" he says.

at this point i just figure it's better to walk away vs get into a pissing contest about detailing products with this guy. He reminded me of the corvette guys and their obsession with Zaino.

Liquid Glass.....does anyone still use this crap?

TundraPower
08-19-2013, 08:41 AM
I think I've seen it at AutoZone by the tire cleaners?

Rez90
08-19-2013, 08:42 AM

lol

FUNX650
08-19-2013, 08:53 AM
i use a lot of different products from a lot of different companies...

What's your sealants of choice?

Thanks.

:)

Bob

Rez90
08-19-2013, 08:58 AM
What's your sealants of choice?

Thanks.

Bob

UPGP and Powerlock are pretty much my go to sealants at this point.

I did a friends car with Powerlock friday night and did all three of my cars with two coats of UPGP satruday.

I have Opti Coat in my garage but haven't gotten around to spending an entire day on any of my cars yet to properly prep them for it.

TundraPower
08-19-2013, 10:44 AM
Blackfire and Wolfgang usually.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AG Online

KneeDragr
08-19-2013, 10:55 AM
I believe there are people actively spamming forums about this stuff. I've seen posters on car forums that jump into detailing threads raving about it. When I search on their username, every single post they have is raving about Liquid Glass, never anything about the car type or brand the forum is about.

Streetlife
08-19-2013, 10:59 AM

:laughing:

swanicyouth
08-19-2013, 11:31 AM
Can't help it, every time I here LG, I think:

Klasse Act
08-19-2013, 12:01 PM
I saw the Liquid Glass recently, Advanced or Autozone, can't remember which, and it was $25.00, one can left. I used to see it more but it seems to be going away.

As far as the Ferrari owner using it, what did the paint look like? Was it swirled to hell? The reason I ask is because a lot of nice cars out there aren't well taken care of so let's give the guy a little credit for actually using "something" on his car, heck, he's doing the work himself, points for that as well.

Corvette owners and Zaino, yeah its true, my fiance's great Uncle has a C5, red as usual and auto as most and always talks about his 26 coats of Zaino....I LOL inside actually! Then you look at the paint, medium swirls, might wanna have those taken care of before you keep adding coats. Something about Corvette owners in general and swirls, just about every one at the shows I go to have em', along with those blinds that go over the tails and backup lights, covers for the side marker lights and other "tacky" add ons that look like they came from JC Whitney, LOL! Funny thing is, all that money paid for tacky add ons and you could've had the paoint squared away, silly, oh well, just slide on another gold braclett, put the car in OD and drive off into the sunset!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

FUNX650
08-19-2013, 12:16 PM
UPGP and Powerlock are pretty much my go to sealants at this point.

I have Opti Coat in my garage but haven't gotten around to spending an entire day on any of my cars yet to properly prep them for it.
Thanks for the follow-up. :xyxthumbs:
Sounds like you're wanting to gradually move away from sealants altogether.

Liquid Glass.....does anyone still use this crap?
Even though I've used Liquid Glass since ~1975...
I won't rave about its sealant-qualities no more than I will for any other sealant.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

I believe there are people actively spamming forums about this stuff.
I've seen posters on car forums that jump into detailing threads raving about it.

When I search on their username, every single post they have is raving about Liquid Glass,
never anything about the car type or brand the forum is about.
Glad I'm not guilty of unsolicited testimonials!!!

@ KneeDragr...Just curious:
(I know I'm definitely not!)...But you're not one of those Corvette Zaino-Zealots...are you?

the corvette guys and their obsession with Zaino.

Bob

Vegas Transplant
08-19-2013, 12:21 PM
The Ferarri owner sounds like every other Geek around here touting his favorite product line, myself included.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1838/lg_re1.png (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/62884)

...so let's give the guy a little credit for actually using "something" on his car, heck, he's doing the work himself, points for that as well.

:applause:

Vegas Transplant
08-19-2013, 02:42 PM
Don't forget that AG used to sell this product.

Liquid Glass Car Care Products, Auto Polish Finish, paint sealant, paint protection, car wax, nautical liquid glass, wash concentrate, protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/liquidglass.html)

KneeDragr
08-19-2013, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the follow-up. :xyxthumbs:
Sounds like you're wanting to gradually move away from sealants altogether.

Even though I've used Liquid Glass since ~1975...
I won't rave about its sealant-qualities no more than I will for any other sealant.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Glad I'm not guilty of unsolicited testimonials!!!

@ KneeDragr...Just curious:
(I know I'm definitely not!)...But you're not one of those Corvette Zaino-Zealots...are you?

Bob

I've never used it but it sounds like pretty good stuff.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Klasse Act
08-19-2013, 08:46 PM
I might have to just buy it and try it out, can't hurt, right? Worse case scenario I make some "FrankenDetailer" out of it, LOL!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online