PDA

View Full Version : Engine Factory Wax Coating

Selvos
08-18-2013, 02:43 PM
Hi I'm about to degrease my engine and was wondering if the engine gets a coat of wax or protectorant from the factory. I've heard this somewhere before, but never see It mentioned.

Will I be removing that coating? I'm assuming the factory uses a long lasting coating and I believe it will be impossible to rewax all the intricate areas of the engine.
I'd rather just leave it be if this is true.

jamesboyy
08-18-2013, 03:07 PM
as far as i know engines have some kind of protectant to make it look all nice and stuff when its new but sooner or later it will wear away so degreasing your engine bay will remove that protectant but you can add it back by dressing the engine bay after you done cleaning.

FUNX650
08-18-2013, 06:19 PM
Hi I'm about to degrease my engine and was wondering if the engine gets a coat of wax or protectorant from the factory.
I've heard this somewhere before, but never see It mentioned.

Will I be removing that coating? I'm assuming the factory uses a long lasting coating and
I believe it will be impossible to rewax all the intricate areas of the engine.
I'd rather just leave it be if this is true.
With some post-OEM factory applied underhood-"treatments" being no longer available...
Sonus Trim & Motor Kote is one car-care product said to replace said OEM factory engine
"wax/protectant-treatments"...once they have been/are removed.

If I can't readily access the OEM factory applied engine-"treatments" on the intricate areas...
I allow them to dissipate on their own.

:)

Bob

Selvos
08-18-2013, 06:44 PM
With some post-OEM factory applied underhood-"treatments" being no longer available...
Sonus Trim & Motor Kote is one car-care product said to replace said OEM factory engine
"wax/protectant-treatments"...once they have been/are removed.

Interesting. I just happened to get a package in the mail with Sonus Trim and Motor Kote in it!

I was going to put that on or maybe some #845. Cool thing about the Sonus is just spray and walk away.