PDA

View Full Version : Any more Reviews for the DP coatings?

jamesalanb
08-18-2013, 11:45 AM
Just curious if there's been any use of the coating products after the first two weeks of it's release? I haven't seen anything as of late and I'm just curious as to people's opinions of the glass coating and wheel coating...
And if there's more feedback on the paint coat?

PA DETAILER
08-18-2013, 02:14 PM
i have the glass coating and wheel coating applied.

Dp wheel coat (quick update) - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum (http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/tire-wheel-chassis-engine-detailing/43103-dp-wheel-coat-quick-update.html)

2 dp coatings review - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum (http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/detailing-product-reviews/43034-2-dp-coatings-review.html)

cleanmycorolla
08-18-2013, 02:16 PM
I did a review of the paint coating on my headlights here, so far so good. Wors has done a bunch as well. Search for them. They'll show up!

jjj
08-18-2013, 03:28 PM
I didnt post my review, but I used it on roof of a nissan armada. Polished with prep polish which was very good. I did use about 6-8 sprays for the roof. It did bead great a couple of days later. It will be a good durability test for the 2 year claim. The look was good as well. It was easy to use and work with. Keep track of what you are doing and knocks down easy with microfiber.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AG Online

MarkD51
08-18-2013, 05:49 PM
My application of DP Paint Coating was about a few weeks back.

I topped with WGDGLS, and just yesterday, did a wash, and a wipe down with Duragloss Aquawax, so my findings my be invalid (to a point)?

But, I notice a rock hard coating, the paint seems very resistant to any slight marring while washing, and I'm getting the impression this product is like a Opticoat on the cheap.

My wheels, and hubcaps on my "test mule" Kia Spectra were effortless to clean, beaded water, and seemed to have a more durable rock coating on them than either Menzerna Powerlock, and WGDGPS 3.0.

In retrospect, I've thought over the past few days, that I now wish that this product would've came out 6-7 months ago, when I did some intensive month's long research as to what to ultimately use on my beloved, and cherished '97 White Tahoe.

Not only now, am I beginning to realize the benefit of such durable products on brand new vehicles, to protect them, but also on vehicles that are beginning to lean on the twilight of their lives (Paintwise) that such products will offer better protection and durability of paint finishes that have seen better days.

All in all, the DP Paint Coating I feel was a wise purchase. That I would like having such products in my arsenal for future vehicles that I might own, or for friends, who want the very best in paint protection.
Mark