PDA

View Full Version : What do you recomend me ...

MawiPR
08-18-2013, 10:15 AM
I am going to buy the PC 7424XP the meguiars microfiber kit 5 inch if I buy these products do i need to buy the klasse kit I just the Klasse sealant glaze ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AG Online

Evan.J
08-18-2013, 01:09 PM
What are you working on what are your goals?

MawiPR
08-18-2013, 03:56 PM
I just want to have a nice looking car and its durable enough for me :) its a Scion xb 2012 alusive blue I thoung on getting:

Porter Cable 7424XP
Meguiars 5" microfiber kit
3 pack gold plush jr
1 grit gard
A 20x40 waffle weve drying towel
But for a sealant I dont know what to get a good friend told me to get opti coat 2.0 or M#20

Evan.J
08-18-2013, 04:45 PM
Opti coat is a great idea if you want easy maintenance. I have it on my GF and the all I have to do is wash it dry it quick detailing and I'm done. Just know that with opti coat paint perfection is your best bet as anything that is remaining will be sealed under the coating.

Sealants well there are many the two I would recommend would be Collinite 845 and BlackFire Wet Diamond.

It all comes down to what you want.

Just know what with the MF kit you should be using compressed air to clean out your pad and switch them often to avoid any over heating of the pad which will cause them to fail prematurely. You should clean them after every section you do and not panel. A pad brush works ok but you still have product that builds up deep in the fibers.

I would get a few more good towel as well if you can.

almondjay
08-18-2013, 05:09 PM
In terms of detailing products what else do you have?

Based on your list I'm guessing this will be your first purchase/venture into the machine polishing/detailing world.

What you really need to get depends on the condition of the paint on your car. Try posting some pictures of your car with some closeups of the paint to see what the experts have to say.

Even though you probably have your mind set on the microfiber pad set might I suggest doing some research and getting an array of foam pads and definitely more microfiber towels. A good set of foam pads and megs 105/205 can tackle a wide range of problems. If you are just starting off, it is also a lot safer for the simple fact that they are just not as aggressive as microfiber pads.

Either way you go don't forget the correct size backing plates for whatever pads you are using.

MawiPR
08-18-2013, 07:55 PM
Thank you for the recommendations I will post pictures now

MawiPR
08-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Yes I am new to the forum I have water spots and light swirls on the paint I can't upload the pictures sense I am working now when I get home I will from the ipad and yeas I my first purchase

MawiPR
08-19-2013, 06:30 PM

UglyBetty
08-19-2013, 06:36 PM
In terms of detailing products what else do you have?

Based on your list I'm guessing this will be your first purchase/venture into the machine polishing/detailing world.

What you really need to get depends on the condition of the paint on your car. Try posting some pictures of your car with some closeups of the paint to see what the experts have to say.

Even though you probably have your mind set on the microfiber pad set might I suggest doing some research and getting an array of foam pads and definitely more microfiber towels. A good set of foam pads and megs 105/205 can tackle a wide range of problems. If you are just starting off, it is also a lot safer for the simple fact that they are just not as aggressive as microfiber pads.

Either way you go don't forget the correct size backing plates for whatever pads you are using.

Sage advice here..........