PDA

View Full Version : Surf city garage detailing?

t-topTA
08-18-2013, 09:33 AM
went to walmart last night to grab somethings with the gf and decided to go to the automotive section and saw a brand called surf city garage, im sure this been asked before and been out for while but just wanted to ask if anyone knows about their products?

swexlin
08-18-2013, 10:19 AM
I really like the Hot Rod Detailer (the pink stuff), it's become one of my fav QDs. Spray Wax is OK as well.

pickles
08-18-2013, 10:35 AM
I really like the Hot Rod Detailer (the pink stuff), it's become one of my fav QDs. Spray Wax is OK as well.

I agree with the Hot Rod detailer. I use it to help dry the car and it makes the paint very slick. The shampoos are ok not bad but not exceptional. The spray wax is different than other spray waxes. It's thicker and you have to spread it on like a liquid wax and then buff it off. A microfiber applicator works well for that. Their entire product line smells like bubblegum.

swanicyouth
08-18-2013, 12:06 PM
I've seen them. But for the price, you can just get a proven product from another manufacturer. I can't help but wondering if products targeted to the "average Joe" aren't "average products"???

Rmd
08-18-2013, 01:22 PM
I've used their interior cleaner; called dash away or something like that, and it was a good product. Still prefer Meg's quick interior detailer which is a very similar product in purpose. Haven't tried anything else.

MrCleanit
08-18-2013, 03:12 PM
+1 for Dash Away. Been using that stuff for awhile now.

Ipsdrew
08-18-2013, 03:24 PM
The Surf City Voodoo Leather Conditioner is outstanding. Leaves the leather feeling very smooth and noticeably softer, especially neglected leather. Did an Eclipse convertible recently and the leather was extremely stiff. Used the voodoo blend and let it soak into the leather, took 3 applications but the result was showroom soft leather. I now buy it by the gallon direct from surf city.
The Dash away is also good for a interior qd when only minimum cleaning power is needed, right on par with the meguiars

Sent from my HTCONE using AG Online

01GreyStangGT
08-18-2013, 08:03 PM
I also like Voodoo leather conditioner. The Road trip bug spray is good too.