PDA

View Full Version : Am I ready for wax?

pslats
08-17-2013, 10:09 PM
Hello everyone ,
I am new to this awesome site and new to detailing for the most part. Ran across this site while surfing the web a few weeks ago, and it has inspired me to start really taking care of my black metalic 2006 Dodge Dakota RT. My idea of detailing was spraying a little Armour All on my tires after I ran my truck through those nasty car wash's. Thankfully, those days are behind me. The forums, the instructional video's, and all the great products I have seen here are going to change my ways forever.
After three separate product orders over the past few weeks, I believe I'm ready to give my truck some love. I decided to go with Blackfire Products. I have washed my truck using the two bucket system, and then clayed it for the first time. What an unbelievable difference. I then washed and dried it again. I applied src compound and src finishing polish with a DA polisher. WOW!! I bought this truck new, and it has NEVER looked this good. But I know I'm not done yet. Finally, my question. Do I put on a coat of Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish on now, or am ready for BlackIce Wax? Its good to be here. Thank you for your help.

custmsprty
08-17-2013, 10:12 PM
Go with the polish and then top it with Black Ice.

07gtcs
08-19-2013, 04:50 PM
Ditto....do both....the look will be killer.

Wheelzntoys
08-19-2013, 05:23 PM
:postpics: