PDA

View Full Version : Applying Glaze

KenVette57
08-17-2013, 05:08 PM
I'm a little confused about to use or not use Glaze. Is glaze necessary and if so, before or after applying wax. Will it enhance the shine and depth.. Or just polish for swirls and then paste wax and be done.

Thanks

lonye
08-17-2013, 05:37 PM
I've only tried PB Black Hole.
I use it before applying a coat of Collinite 915 and I really like it (as far as I know it has cleaners so you should apply it before any sealant or wax).
I don't know if it is just me but it makes my paint look deeper and adds some shine. It has some fillers that may hide some very light swirls...

HateSwirls
08-17-2013, 05:41 PM
I love using Chemical Guys EZ Glaze after a correction, then seal and wax.
You'll see your paint pop like never before when you use the EZ Glaze:)
Very easy to use too.

5 Stars IMO

silverfox
08-17-2013, 06:42 PM
EZ creme is a must have post-polish, pre-sealant product. You will not believe how amazing your paint looks afterwards. Its a great cleaner as well and you can skip IPA wipe down if you use this just before the sealant.

KillaCam
08-17-2013, 07:27 PM
EZ creme is a must have post-polish, pre-sealant product. You will not believe how amazing your paint looks afterwards. Its a great cleaner as well and you can skip IPA wipe down if you use this just before the sealant.

Does it affect the bonding of sealants or waxes?

HateSwirls
08-17-2013, 07:37 PM
Not at all.
It's an acrylic type glaze so it bonds well to the finish and the sealant bonds well afterwards.

I never had issues as most haven't either per reading many post.
Using the glaze after sealing will give you poor results as for as protection.

Does it affect the bonding of sealants or waxes?

lonye
08-18-2013, 01:07 AM
How is EZ compare to Black Hole?

stiffdogg06
08-18-2013, 09:00 PM
I'm a little confused about to use or not use Glaze. Is glaze necessary and if so, before or after applying wax. Will it enhance the shine and depth.. Or just polish for swirls and then paste wax and be done.

Thanks

I see glazes as having to purposes. One, to fill fine scratches/swirls. Two, to enhance the appearance of the paint after polishing it.