PDA

View Full Version : Diagnostic Request

4RChappy
08-17-2013, 02:07 PM
Below are pictures of the hood of my 03 4Runner. It has been clayed and I've attempted to take on the blems in the pictures by hand using Meguiars Ultimate Compound. No joy. I'm thinking this may be clear coat penetration but this is not my area. What have I got and what will it take to fix? Thanks!

af90
08-17-2013, 02:51 PM
Looks like bird droppings that etched into the paint. Depending how deep, but you're not going to get anywhere fast going by hand unfortunately.

4RChappy
08-18-2013, 06:07 AM
Looks like bird droppings that etched into the paint. Depending how deep, but you're not going to get anywhere fast going by hand unfortunately.

This is outside of my competence. I think its time for a pro to take a live look. Thanks for the reply.

Calendyr
08-18-2013, 06:17 AM
The way to resolve this is to find the bird who did the pooping on your paint, sue him and get the money to have the car fixed.

Easier said than done ;)

4RChappy
08-19-2013, 09:59 AM
The way to resolve this is to find the bird who did the pooping on your paint, sue him and get the money to have the car fixed.

Easier said than done ;)

Well it was mostly likely an organized flight on a designated bombing run that got several of the cars.

Took the truck to a Mirror Glaze Outlet and they confirmed bird etching. He offered that if you hit a spot several times with Ultimate Compound and it does not budge you're looking at a wet-sand or worse.