PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Meg's Fine Cut Compound

birdog
08-17-2013, 12:08 PM
Had a professional recommend Meg's Fine Cut Compound to remove some scratches from the hood and fender of my wife's Suburban. The scratches are from my nephew's jeans when he climbed on the hood and my son drug him off (boys being boys). He recommended using this product with an Orange LC CCS Pad and my PC DA polisher. My question is, Is this compound too aggressive? She has some oxidation on the finish so I'm going to do the whole truck to freshen the look.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AG Online

BillyJack
08-17-2013, 01:49 PM
I often use Meg's Ultimate Compound. It's a SMAT product, relatively inexpensive and finishes darn near LSP-ready, depending on pad choice. IMO, it's about the best product you can find OTC.

Bill

BillE
08-18-2013, 07:49 AM
Follow Bill's advice above.

Fine-Cut (M-02) is (geeze I hate this term) really 'old school'. The newer product(s) are just so much more friendly.

Bill

birdog
08-18-2013, 03:14 PM
Follow Bill's advice above.

Fine-Cut (M-02) is (geeze I hate this term) really 'old school'. The newer product(s) are just so much more friendly.

Bill

Well I did a test spot and was not happy with the results. I think I need more cut. May use a yellow pad to see if that will do it, if not I'll step up to M105.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AG Online