PDA

View Full Version : CS Experience with Zymol

swanicyouth
08-16-2013, 09:19 PM
I know its not carried here, but I just wanted to give my rendition of a customer service experience I had with Zymol.

Last summer I bought a jar of Glasur new from an authorized retailer (Bimmerzone). Well, shortly after I got the jar home I dropped it and the container cracked. The wax was OK, but the container was shot. So, I moved the wax to a new container.

Anyway, it was bugging me (a year layer) I didn't have the right container for Glasur. So, I emailed Zymol and asked to buy a container. They wouldn't sell me a container because they said plastic from the crack could have got in the wax.

I sort of expected to get nowhere with this anyway. However, they did say IF (only IF) I had the original container and mailed it all to them (with the wax in whatever I put it in), they would see what the could do. I didn't have the cracked base, but I did have the lid. They said they would accept that. This was back and forth over a few emails. So I packed it all off 7 days ago (there was about 45% of the wax left) not knowing if that was the last of I would see of my Glasur, or if they would do anything for me at all.

Today I came home and found this on the step:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/17/hygydu8e.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/17/u7ygyduz.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/17/buzady9y.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/17/3arevepy.jpg

And inside:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/17/a5ypy6e2.jpg

A brand spanning new tub of Glasur. No charge! I can't believe how incredibly generous they were. I don't know what to expect, maybe a same or something.

But, they hooked me up! Great customer service!!!

goodinblack
08-16-2013, 09:33 PM
Wow nice

Radarryan
08-16-2013, 09:36 PM
Thanks for sharing your experience. I have only tried Zymöl when I was a teenager (Carbon), but have been wanting to try it out, especially since Glasuer is "Made for Porsche." Good to know they take care of their customers like that!

swanicyouth
08-16-2013, 10:38 PM
Thanks for sharing your experience. I have only tried Zymöl when I was a teenager (Carbon), but have been wanting to try it out, especially since Glasuer is "Made for Porsche." Good to know they take care of their customers like that!

Glasur is a top notch wax. It looks great, but also has excellent beading / sheeting and is rather durable. Its a great performer in all categorizes and is well worth the cost. A nice carnauba you won't find for the price. Don't take my word for it, there are excellent reviews all over regarding Glasur.

Application of it is quite enjoyable. It just spreads like its expensive. Can't describe it, but when you apply it you feel like your using something special. It smells awesome as well.

Its a very soft wax. Rinds me of ape sauce or mashed potatoes. As soon as you spread it, the wax turns to an oily carnauba liquid. As you would guess, less is more.

It doesn't stain trim, and is composed of a limited amount of mostly "natural" ingredients.

Best of all, it contains the controversial "banana oil".

spiralout462
08-16-2013, 11:55 PM
A couple months ago I bought a tub of Carbon direct from them. The first time I opened it I screwed the lid on too tight and it cracked. Like yourself I inquired about a new "empty" container. I sent the used pot back per their request. Within a week a brand new tub of wax showed up on my doorstep! Maybe Zymol will re-engineer their containers some day but I hope their sevice never changes. Their customer service is second only to Autogeek. ;)

hoyt66
08-17-2013, 03:13 AM
I remember when you dropped it. I'm glad they hooked you up. Love this wax!! Works awesome on Dodge Silver

sproketser
08-17-2013, 05:39 AM
Wow , great service from them mate . I m happy for you Swanic .

naruto19
08-17-2013, 05:45 AM
That is pretty awesome service. I have a bottle of Glasur sitting right next to me as well. Great stuff. Enjoy the new pot!

goodinblack
08-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Why is banana oil controversial again?

otruba_843
08-17-2013, 05:56 PM
Man that is sweet. It gives me an idea when I run low on my Glasur :joking: I didn't know Zymol had such good Customer service. I definetly want to get some Concours in the future. I can't believe they gave you a whole new pot of wax considering you had used over 50%.

sproketser
08-17-2013, 06:01 PM
They want to keep their customers I guess , but PBMG has great service also .

KBsToy
08-18-2013, 08:16 AM
Wow nice

+1

sunday joe
08-18-2013, 08:48 AM
Man that is sweet. It gives me an idea when I run low on my Glasur :joking: I didn't know Zymol had such good Customer service. I definetly want to get some Concours in the future. I can't believe they gave you a whole new pot of wax considering you had used over 50%.

And there you have it. NO good deed goes unpunished

otruba_843
08-18-2013, 10:06 AM
And there you have it. NO good deed goes unpunished

I was kidding lol. At the rate I use my Glasur, I will probably have it for another 20 years. So little goes spreads sooooooo far!