PDA

View Full Version : Which first ext or int help?

DogRescuer
08-16-2013, 07:13 PM
I have my second exterior and interior detail next week with a leather cleaning. I was so nervous on my first detail I ran around like a chicken without a head.

My question is would it be better all around if I do inside or outside first, and why?

Hopefully I wont be as nervous.

tnecniv
08-16-2013, 07:15 PM
I would say interior first so that when you're removing all the dirt from the inside it won't get the outside dirty (again).

lunchboxmunchy
08-16-2013, 07:17 PM
I always wash the vehicle and dry it first so I can get it in the garage and out of the heat. Then, i'll do the interior. Vacuum, vinyl cleaning, windows, seats, extraction and then, vacuum again. Close the doors and seal it up. Keep it clean. Then, I'll finish the exterior. You'll find an order that works for you. Everyone is different.

Kacz
08-16-2013, 07:37 PM
I do interior first, especially because once I'm done doing the outside I have soap splatter on me and sweat. Id rather not bring that back inside.

Also, do the door jambs as well before you do the exterior wash.

DogRescuer
08-16-2013, 07:51 PM
I do interior first, especially because once I'm done doing the outside I have soap splatter on me and sweat. Id rather not bring that back inside.

Also, do the door jambs as well before you do the exterior wash.
Thanks but why do the jambs first wont I get whatever method I use to wash all over the jambs again?

Kacz
08-16-2013, 07:59 PM
Thanks but why do the jambs first wont I get whatever method I use to wash all over the jambs again?

Sorry, I should have been more clear.

I keep my door jambs clean, but most likely you're washing someone's car that doesn't. So, my thinking and peace of mind is if I clean the jambs first, then the soap/water that runs through them while washing the exterior won't bring the dirt back onto the rocker panels or onto the any of the major panels. (This includes cleaning decks and trunks too)

Now, this is just my thinking and probably because I'm slightly OCD about all of this.

Yes the soapy water from the exterior is dirty too, but its just less dirt/dust to worrry about coming back onto the paint.

Just a thought. A couple quick sprays of a waterless wash should do it.

EDIT: WAXOFF makes a great point...APC is be a better option for when detailing someone else's car that might be neglected.

WAXOFF
08-16-2013, 08:06 PM
I spray the jambs with APC or degreaser before I wash the car and let it soak a few minutes and the power wash them.

DogRescuer
08-16-2013, 08:07 PM
Sorry, I should have been more clear.

I keep my door jambs clean, but most likely you're washing someone's car that doesn't. So, my thinking and peace of mind is if I clean the jambs first, then the soap/water that runs through them while washing the exterior won't bring the dirt back onto the rocker panels or onto the any of the major panels. (This includes cleaning decks and trunks too)

Now, this is just my thinking and probably because I'm slightly OCD about all of this.

Yes the soapy water from the exterior is dirty too, but its just less dirt/dust to worrry about coming back onto the paint.

Just a thought. A couple quick sprays of a waterless wash should do it.
I understand thanks