PDA

View Full Version : Washing in the rain!

dirt_dobber
08-16-2013, 04:19 PM
here in Austin we are in the midst of a severe drought. They ban us from any outdoor car washing (which really tricks me off).

So anytime it is raining like a shower that went thru this morning - I grab all of my equipment and head out to the driveway. These brief showers pass in an hour or so and it is usually cloudy for awhile. I get a small break in the time for the shower to end and wait to dry it until it has past.

I then break out the air compressor and blow it dry, then I've always used the blue-blade to squeegee a lot of the water and continue they drying with microfiber towels.

neighbors think I'm crazy because I do it almost year round and sometimes it gets real cold in the winter - but I love cleaning and detailing my truck.

Anyone else wash in the rain?

Ganiy
08-16-2013, 04:24 PM
Not in the rain, but on my own. I do not like car wash stations, I like and prefer to clean it by my own hands. I get the real satisfaction then.

Mike Phillips
08-16-2013, 04:30 PM
Hey dirt_dobber, since this was your first post...

Welcome to AutogeekOnline! :welcome:

This topic comes up once in a while, I think the below is the most recent thread on the topic...

Washing in the rain (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/9435-washing-rain.html)

:D

Pureshine
08-16-2013, 04:31 PM
Welcome to AGO :)

Joeyavhu
08-16-2013, 04:58 PM
I live in Florida and have no problem when it rains. It prevents the water from drying while Im still washing, rinses it if its heavy enough, then I pull it in my garage and dry the car off. I have a heavy duty long rain coat just for these occasions.

dirt_dobber
08-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Hey dirt_dobber, since this was your first post...

Welcome to AutogeekOnline! :welcome:

This topic comes up once in a while, I think the below is the most recent thread on the topic...

Washing in the rain (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/9435-washing-rain.html)

:D

Thanks!
glad to know I am not the only one that does it. :xyxthumbs: