PDA

View Full Version : Redesigned Website

Pages : [1] 2

DeviousDetail
08-16-2013, 02:38 PM
Hey everyone I redesigned my website. All input and feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Devious Detailing - Home (http://www.deviousdetailing.com)

zmcgovern45
08-16-2013, 02:52 PM
Site is clean and simple to follow... I am not particularly fond of the "Portfolio" page slide show. I think that type of photo slide show would be best used for pictures of completed vehicles, not before/during/after shots. I feel like if you are going to include shots of dirty cars and swirl marks you need some explanation to go with them so people aren't confused and think that is how the cars look when you are done with them. A "blog style" page may be better suited for material like that.

Side note:

"CAN YOU SAY DAMN?!!!! Best money ever spent!"

^Best customer testimonial I have ever read haha!

DeviousDetail
08-16-2013, 03:57 PM
Site is clean and simple to follow... I am not particularly fond of the "Portfolio" page slide show. I think that type of photo slide show would be best used for pictures of completed vehicles, not before/during/after shots. I feel like if you are going to include shots of dirty cars and swirl marks you need some explanation to go with them so people aren't confused and think that is how the cars look when you are done with them. A "blog style" page may be better suited for material like that.

Side note:

Thanks for the input yeah I am currently working on changing the set up of the portfolio. I want to have a page for each customers car as well as explaining everything about the pictures. Just happy that its up and running and a lot better than my previous design.

MikeN
08-16-2013, 04:29 PM
I like that it's clean and very easy for a customer to understand what you are offering. For the portfolio if you want to have different steps in the pictures you should label them and maybe give a brief description so customers know what they are looking at.

Pureshine
08-16-2013, 04:37 PM
Need to make your portfolio needs to be mush simpler. Your prices are way to cheap not sure how your making any money. Are you doing this full time?

Iron400
08-16-2013, 04:42 PM
Like others have said, your portfolio could use a change, and personally I'm not a fan of slide shows. On the positive, I love the simple easy to read pages, and your services page is simple and not overwhelming.

Overall....very good.

DeviousDetail
08-16-2013, 04:49 PM

Side note:

Need to make your portfolio needs to be mush simpler. Your prices are way to cheap not sure how your making any money. Are you doing this full time?

For right now this is a part time weekend gig. I work full time as an Event Coordinator for a conferencing software company. Eventually I will be doing both as when I travel I get extra paid time off which I plan on using on days that I get a detailing job. I have been slowing putting everything together while I am working at my 8-5 job. Pricing will change as I buy more equipment and have more time to devote to the cars. Again I appreciate everyones input.

statusdetailing
08-16-2013, 05:26 PM
Dude, i feel sorry for you at those price, but you have to start somewhere i guess. Ive been there so i know how it is.

Cosmin
08-16-2013, 07:57 PM
i think you can do better....

if your target is minivans than the website is overdesign...
if you target a bit higher.. you can do better

VP Mark
08-16-2013, 09:08 PM
I like it. The portfolio would be okay if there were not as many pictures from each detail. Makes it hard to surf between.

custmsprty
08-16-2013, 10:48 PM
For right now this is a part time weekend gig. I work full time as an Event Coordinator for a conferencing software company. Eventually I will be doing both as when I travel I get extra paid time off which I plan on using on days that I get a detailing job. I have been slowing putting everything together while I am working at my 8-5 job. Pricing will change as I buy more equipment and have more time to devote to the cars. Again I appreciate everyones input.

Still way to cheap even for a part time gig. :buffing:

Iron400
08-16-2013, 11:20 PM
I do have a question, I couldn't find anywhere it gave the region your in, or the cities you service?

DeviousDetail
08-17-2013, 08:38 AM
I do have a question, I couldn't find anywhere it gave the region your in, or the cities you service?

I say where I am based on the about us page, but I will add it on more.

Iron400
08-18-2013, 07:45 AM
I say where I am based on the about us page, but I will add it on more.

Definitely, I gave up looking for it after I didn't find it in the tabs at the top. Adding it to the home page "welcome" section would be very helpful.

DeviousDetail
08-19-2013, 11:37 AM
I changed some things around with the site mainly with the portfolio/Gallery