PDA

View Full Version : Shiny Dash

drastic_detail
08-16-2013, 12:44 PM
So I got this new client that insists on a shiny dash any help on what to use other than the forbidden Armor All!

Desertnate
08-16-2013, 12:50 PM
Vinylex, but don't buff it out?

I also think Meguiars has a product that leaves the interior shiny too.

Evan.J
08-16-2013, 12:53 PM
Hyperdressing would be my choice 1:1 ratio for shiny

dc52nv
08-16-2013, 02:05 PM
*shutters

EddieF
08-16-2013, 02:10 PM
I use to install car stereo's and I was putting a cd changer in an impala and the guy put Vaseline on his dash. It was horrible and I almost refused the car.

FUNX650
08-16-2013, 02:20 PM
So I got this new client that insists on a shiny dash any help on what to use other than the forbidden Armor All!
IMO...
One of the responsibilities a detailer has is to educate their clients on proper car-care.
(Example: Proper washing/drying techniques)

On that note:
-I've pleaded the case against shiny dashes many times.
-I don't ever want to be held responsible for any compromising of folks' ability
to clearly see the environment in which they are operating a vehicle.
Think:
"Blinded By The Light"{~Bruce Springsteen; ca.1973/Manfred Mann's Earth Band; ca.1976}

First and Foremost: It's a Safety Issue!
Secondly: We live in a very litigious society.

Also:
After explaining to the client the reasons set forth herein...
What's the worst publicity that would befall you, if you tell this client: No?

-This client telling people that you won't make concessions on the Safety of the owners/operators of the vehicles you detail?

-Don't know about you, but I'd then say to the World: "Thanks!! I appreciate this type of testimonial"!

Bob

Colinpd137
08-16-2013, 02:44 PM
Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant, leaves it shiny & it isn't garbage.

cardaddy
08-16-2013, 09:02 PM

What dressings do you have on hand?

As mentioned, HyperDressing will make is shiny. I never use it straight, or at 1:1 for that matter, (more like 3:1 which I call satin, and 5:1 that I use to make a surface look clean but not like it's had something slathered all over it) but it'll sure shine that puppy up if you put it on at 1:1. And along the way, it'll smell like grape Kool-Aid while it's doing it. ;)

Megs has several OTC products and I think one of them is a bit more 'glossy' than I prefer, but perhaps your guy might like it.

Another would be PERL. I don't use it straight either. Have it at 1:1, 3:1, and 5:1.

Can't say 303 would help as it certainly isn't shiny, (but typically my go-to for dash work).

Detailing by M
08-16-2013, 10:25 PM
Meg's Supreme Shine

BillE
08-17-2013, 06:33 AM
IMO...
One of the responsibilities a detailer has is to educate their clients on proper car-care.
(Example: Proper washing/drying techniques)

On that note:
-I've pleaded the case against shiny dashes many times.
-I don't ever want to be held responsible for any compromising of folks' ability
to clearly see the environment in which they are operating a vehicle.
Think:
"Blinded By The Light"{~Bruce Springsteen; ca.1973/Manfred Mann's Earth Band; ca.1976}

First and Foremost: It's a Safety Issue!
Secondly: We live in a very litigious society.

Also:
After explaining to the client the reasons set forth herein...
What's the worst publicity that would befall you, if you tell this client: No?

-This client telling people that you won't make concessions on the Safety of the owners/operators of the vehicles you detail?

-Don't know about you, but I'd then say to the World: "Thanks!! I appreciate this type of testimonial"!

Bob

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Bill

KillaCam
08-17-2013, 07:59 AM
Baby oil? Lol I would explain to them the dangers of having a shiny dash first and if they still insist on it, try PERL 1:1 or hyper dressing like suggested.

Detailing by M
08-17-2013, 10:36 AM
I had to put some of Meg's Natural Shine on my Van's dash.
Man does it reflect the sun!
You just reminded me to order a Dashmat.

drastic_detail
08-25-2013, 08:35 AM
Yeah...of course I tried to educate him... but like I said he insisted... I went with the hyperdressing...turned out nice

jamesalanb
08-25-2013, 08:43 AM
Meg's ultimate protectant for sure. But be warned, it's insanely shiny when not buffed...