PDA

View Full Version : with steamer and hot water extraction..do I need upholstery chemicals?

Angel_r24
08-15-2013, 03:52 PM
I just recently ordered the Mytee Lite and Mytee Firebird steamer. With both of these products would I still need an upholstery chemical and shampoo?

Before the Lite I used to use a Rug Doctor (which is for sell) and Chemical Guys; Fabric Clean, Lightning Fast, and Nonsense. All a great combination to have.

Now that I will have these 2, do I need chemicals. I'm running low on chemicals I just mentioned and want to see if its worth spending another X amount on those in gallon size.

Anybody out there use a Steamer and Hot water Extractor without chemicals on carpets and cloth seats?

I do have an APC that I will continue to use, will that be sufficient for upholstery just diluted really good?

All the advise is greatly appreciated.

Pureshine
08-15-2013, 05:40 PM
I use Folex and a brush to pretreat the seats. The use my extractor with just hot water works great. When I do use product with my extractor I use
Capture steam clean detergent and you can buy it at Home Depot.

Angel_r24
08-15-2013, 07:31 PM
I do have Chemical Guys; All Clean (apc). Guessing pretreat, steam, then extractor.

VP Mark
08-15-2013, 08:03 PM
Yep. You will still need to pre treat for best results. I use Folex and Chemical Guys Fabric Clean. The combo seems to work really well.

A-train
08-15-2013, 10:51 PM
Most def you do. They are just a tool in the toolbox. You still need a good chemical, time , and agitation. Without those you can still get bad results with an extractor.