PDA

View Full Version : Texting and the policeman

Pages : [1] 2 3

BillE
08-15-2013, 07:09 AM
Yesterday while sitting in the thru lane at 'the light' a car pulls into the left turn lane and waits for the 'arrow.' Shortly afterwards, another car comes in behind her. Now we have two vehicles waiting for 'the arrow.'

The arrow comes on and she doesn't move, I thinkin', "Hey Lady, the light is yours." Car second car gives a gentle beep of the horn, nothing happens. It is then I notice the familiar 'head down' posture. The second car ALSO notices (and realizes) this ding bat is texting!

Instead of laying on the horn, he (second car) just hits the SIRIEN! Unmarked County Sheriff's car!

Made my day, and probably others too.

Bill

rms64
08-15-2013, 07:22 AM
I travel frequently from Orlando to Cincinnati and Charleston, WV via I95 and I26 and can't tell you how many dozens of times I've noticed someone texting (due to slow speed, swerving, etc.) as I hit the gas to get on by them.

Honestly, I don't mind that they're putting themselves at risk (what could be so important to have to text that it's worth not focusing on controling your 2-ton potential weapon on the road?), it's the fact that everyone else is in danger.

Not to mention the apparent unspoken speed limit on I-95 in particular of, well...95. But that's a different conversation. :dunno:

Setec Astronomy
08-15-2013, 07:26 AM
I travel frequently from Orlando to Cincinnati and Charleston, WV via I95 and I26 and can't tell you how many dozens of times I've noticed someone texting (due to slow speed, swerving, etc.) as I hit the gas to get on by them.

You've never seen anyone driving down the highway reading a book on the steering wheel? Oops...I guess I'm dating myself.

Wheelzntoys
08-15-2013, 07:27 AM
Even texting while stopped at a red light is dangerous and can get a ticket.

richy
08-15-2013, 07:42 AM
That's why I love SIRI. My Lincoln will read the text and then if I need to respond quickly, then I can dictate a response to SIRI. It does it through the Lincoln system so I don't even need to hold the phone. Texting while driving is illegal in Ontario.

swanicyouth
08-15-2013, 08:01 AM
I gotta admit I do it all the time. I don't know if its illegal in PA. I even read AG forums while driving. I know I shouldn't do it, but I do.

Dr_Pain
08-15-2013, 08:06 AM
I'm with Richi on that. I love my Siri. I hit the button and Siri comes on and I tell her to text and read my texts, all this through the Bluetooth in my truck. Prior to sending the text, "she" reads it back to me and asks if I am ready to send it. Love it!

I also as Siri to play my music or open Pandora etc... (through my Bluetooth connection) while I'm driving.

swanicyouth
08-15-2013, 08:09 AM
I have Siri and have tried to use it. But, I comes out all messed up.

If it say "I love Pinnacle wax" I get "I love peanuts for snacks". Must be my white trash Norristown accent.

rms64
08-15-2013, 08:13 AM
If it say "I love Pinnacle wax" I get "I love peanuts for snacks". Must be my white trash Norristown accent.

Lol....reminds me of the Big Bang Theory...."I do not understand 'wecommend a westawant'.."

Dogfather
08-15-2013, 08:16 AM
I see it all morning all all over the place on the Grand Central Pkwy. The shoulders are littered with fender benders and worse. I hope I retire before its my turn to get rear ended.
There's no excuse for it.
Unless you're a teenage girl, whatever it is, it can wait.

goldendodo19
08-15-2013, 08:18 AM
I see it all morning all all over the place on the Grand Central Pkwy. The shoulders are littered with fender benders and worse. I hope I retire before its my turn to get rear ended.
There's no excuse for it.
Unless you're a teenage girl, whatever it is, it can wait.

Those must be all those slowpokes in the left lane who can't stay in their own lane. Even worse once the northern state turns into two lanes and you're trapped by those people.

Dogfather
08-15-2013, 08:23 AM
Those must be all those slowpokes in the left lane who can't stay in their own lane. Even worse once the northern state turns into two lanes and you're trapped by those people.

It's not just the pokes. Look to your left and right. You'll see people looking down scrolling with their thumbs at 70 mph

Calendyr
08-15-2013, 08:25 AM
I have Siri and have tried to use it. But, I comes out all messed up.

Siri On Barry's iPhone 4S - The Big Bang Theory - YouTube

custmsprty
08-15-2013, 08:27 AM
I gotta admit I do it all the time. I don't know if its illegal in PA. I even read AG forums while driving. I know I shouldn't do it, but I do.

If you know it's wrong then shouldn't you stop doing it before something tragic happens?

vet
08-15-2013, 09:34 AM
I don't text, period. I wouldn't let them hook the feature up on my cell.