PDA

View Full Version : Question about pads I am getting.

MrCleanit
08-14-2013, 07:08 PM
I think i might have a stupid question here. Yes by all means I'm still a novice but please hear me out! Lol I'm still trying to figure the detailing game out!

On to the stupid question!

I've been practicing on a rotary and I'm finally getting my hands on a truck quarter panel from a friend who knows a body shop. And another friend has given me some of his old Meguiars pads W7000, W8000, & W9000. But, these pads are not going to be for my rotary, it's going to be for the Harbor Freight DA i will be purchasing this weekend. So, my question is that i noticed these pads say for "rotary only" on the back of the cover. Does this man i can not use it for my future Harbor DA? Is it not recommend for that?

I did quick look around with the search engine on the forum but didn't get the answer i need. If there is one for my question. Or, it can be just what they put on the cover art to still it more. I don't know.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Evan.J
08-14-2013, 08:20 PM
Those are the 8 inch pads and they are too large for a DA polisher. They make that pad in a 6.5" pad which would work fine for a DA that would be W8006 pads

MrCleanit
08-15-2013, 12:12 PM
Those are the 8 inch pads and they are too large for a DA polisher. They make that pad in a 6.5" pad which would work fine for a DA that would be W8006 pads

Understood.

But, with these pads that say "for rotary only" mean even if they were of size, should they be strictly for rotary? Or, us that just meaningless and can be used for DA too?