PDA

View Full Version : Best protection against waterspots?

lkotsios
08-14-2013, 06:37 PM
Which product would it be?

rustytruck
08-14-2013, 06:39 PM
A magic elf that always dried your car right after it got wet.

Rsurfer
08-14-2013, 06:42 PM
Which product would it be?

It would be worth millions.

davidc
08-14-2013, 07:12 PM
I have not seen water spots with either Zaino or DG products. Just my take on these 2 product lines. As stated above a sure fire remedy is to dry as soon as possible after getting wet.

Dave

BlackHawk
08-14-2013, 07:18 PM
No matter what you put on your paint, waterspots willl form. The difference is wether or not you'll be able to take them off or not. With nothing on the paint, the risk of etching is much higher.

lkotsios
08-14-2013, 07:21 PM
No matter what you put on your paint, waterspots willl form. The difference is wether or not you'll be able to take them off or not. With nothing on the paint, the risk of etching is much higher.
With what product will I be able to remove spots easier?

BlackHawk
08-14-2013, 07:25 PM
With what product will I be able to remove spots easier?

Just keep your car waxed/sealed. Or even use a coating if you'd like. I myself use 22ple and I haven't noticed any etching. Maybe one or two spots etched, but it happens.

thebamboo23
08-14-2013, 07:50 PM
etching will always happen. sealant/wax/coatings greatly minimize the amount of etches and how deep theyll penetrate the clear

Rsurfer
08-14-2013, 08:37 PM

:iagree:Like I said, if you can develop a LSP that prevents water spotting you would make millions.

KillaCam
08-14-2013, 09:53 PM
Buy a light colored car.
Try to avoid rain.
Keep it sealed/waxed.
Consider a coating.

allenk4
08-14-2013, 09:53 PM
I bought an inline water softener.

Clear Inline Hose Filter Canister (http://www.autogeek.net/clinhofi.html)

it works fairly well if you turn the water pressure way down and set the sprayer to the Fan setting.

Upgrading to CR Spotless soon

CR Spotless Wall Mount De-ionized Water Filtration System, deionization system, water de-ionizer, purified water systems, cr-spotless, spot free (http://www.autogeek.net/cr-spotless-wall-mount-system-300.html)

Legumes
08-15-2013, 01:49 AM
Best protection against water spotting: Never let the car get wet. :laughing:

Cars with no LSP's at all have less water spotting issues since they sheet off the majority of water...