PDA

View Full Version : Pay the Pros!

Pages : [1] 2

DogRescuer
08-14-2013, 05:12 PM
Crazy I have a regular customer who only gets exterior wash every 2 weeks. I asked her one day if I can vacuum her car for, hold on $10, she said no and took it somewhere for a $1 and did it.

Two weeks later she says " I (her) put a big scratch in her car using a machine to vacuuum". I looked at it and it wont come out 100% but I can get it about 80%, so I told " $40 to correct, and polish her DULL painted mirrors.

She cringed and said she MIGHT call me for scratch.

If she wasnt trying to save $9 there would be NO SCRATCH!

Im done, thanks.

BlackHawk
08-14-2013, 05:15 PM
cheap cheap cheap lol

dc52nv
08-14-2013, 05:20 PM
Wait, so she tried blaming you for the scratch?

lunchboxmunchy
08-14-2013, 05:22 PM
Haha. I see a lot of that out here in Hawaii. People call to get an estimate and when they hear the quote, they complain and say that they can get a car wash for CHEAP! I apologize and wish them luck!

Choop145
08-14-2013, 05:30 PM
I have a question for you guys. Is it offensive to hire a detailer, but ask him to use specific products that I have. And would it be cheaper if i provide my own twins and wax? Its just I want to try a specific combo, but a little scared to do it myself, plus I'm on the fence with if i want to buy a PC and all the accessories.

lunchboxmunchy
08-14-2013, 05:33 PM
I have a question for you guys. Is it offensive to hire a detailer, but ask him to use specific products that I have. And would it be cheaper if i provide my own twins and wax? Its just I want to try a specific combo, but a little scared to do it myself, plus I'm on the fence with if i want to buy a PC and all the accessories.

One of the best ways to learn how to do something is to do it yourself. Along with the help from AGO of course! :dblthumb2: I wouldn't pay somebody to do it. Just my $0.02.

statusdetailing
08-14-2013, 05:34 PM
Yeah...well I had a lady get upset at me today because the "bugs" didn't come off her front bumper. I explained to her that the bugs were removed but there was heavy etching left (most of them down to the base coat). She got mad and said that her husband washed it a couple weeks ago and they all came off!

Sometimes you just can't win in this business. OK, I'm done ranting. Sorry

FUNX650
08-14-2013, 05:38 PM
Another blatant example of:
The Antithesis of Conspicuous Consumption...(when it comes to Car-Care).

http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/banghead.gif

Bob

FUNX650
08-14-2013, 05:51 PM
And would it be cheaper if i provide my own twins and wax?

Would one of the Twins happen to be your first-born male child? http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/yes.gif (Based loosely: ~Soloman)

Seriously...
Just as you wouldn't even dare dream to tell other Professionals how to operate their Businesses:
Please allow yourself to show the Professional Detailer the same courtesy!!
A better business-relationship would then be established...IMHO.

:)

Bob

Choop145
08-14-2013, 05:54 PM
Seriously...
Just as you wouldn't even dare dream to tell other Professionals how to operate their Businesses:
Please allow yourself to show the Professional Detailer the same courtesy!!
A better business-relationship would then be established...IMHO.

:)

Bob

Thanks for the reply. You're completely right. Just new to this and want to make sure i take the right steps. I think im going to do this on my own. It will be my alone time/hobby

statusdetailing
08-14-2013, 06:14 PM
People are nuts man, they think we wave a magic wand and 5 minutes later all the scratches are gone haha! She thinks 40 bucks is a lot because she doesn't understand the time d skill that goes into it. Well that, and it just sounds like she's cheap.

BlackHawk
08-14-2013, 07:09 PM
^amen

rustytruck
08-14-2013, 07:30 PM
I had a police officer pull me over and ask who much to do his 08 corvette. He said had heard about me and when he saw my truck go by he figured he would stop me to find out about his car.

We started talking and it turns out he lives right up near my neighborhood. I gave him a card and told him to check my web site for pricing and he could give me a call to set up an appointment. I then left for vacation for 2 weeks.

When I returned I heard from a guy in his neighborhood that he had his car detailed while I was gone. he told me that some guy in a white van did it. No company name on the van.

That was 4 weeks ago. Guess who called me today to have their corvette (fixed) detailed? Like the thread says "Pay the Pros"

Pureshine
08-14-2013, 07:30 PM
I agree with Jeremy:) People want something for nothing. I have people call me all time wanting me to match a groupon they have for $89 and I charge $175 for. I always tell them no cause I'm not a production shop.

Detailing by M
08-14-2013, 08:17 PM
Screw these people!
I tell people all the time who gawk at my prices to "go to the car wash and get it done for $50 bucks and when it's all screwed up call me back and the price will have doubled"

Cheap people suck and I don't deal with them.
I love walking away from cheapos
They don't deserve a me to touch there "trash can on wheels"
They deserve a hack.