PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys Natural Look

Pages : [1] 2

P1et
06-10-2007, 11:13 AM
I think I've decided: I think Poorboys Natural Look is going to be my standard tire dressing product going forward.

I'm so tired of the thick, greasy and often messy other products. They are hard to apply evenly, your hands always look black afterwards and sling is often an issue.

Also, I'm not a fan of an overly shiny tire.

Hence, Natural Look. I've been using it as a topper for a while now, but wanted to see what it looks like on its own. Loved it. It's so easy to apply on a foam applicator and it really makes the tires looks like it just came from the factory. Nice and new with the overly in-your-face shine. A little goes a long way as well.

Give it a try everyone, you might be pleasantly surprised.

http://www.autogeek.net/pbnl16.html

Gnarboots11
06-10-2007, 11:26 AM
cool, good idea. I have some PB NL on the way, should get here next week. I think I will try that out. I really like the idea of it not being shiny. I have never used it before but it sounds perfect for what I am looking for.

Craig
06-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Maybe try Megs hyper dressing. You mix it to what you want, shiny or natural look. It does dry, so you dont have that grease on your tires. Looks great under the hood too. The only bad thing is the 40 bucks a gallon. If you like the natural look you woud get 2 or more gallon from 1 gallon of the hyper dressing.

dengood1
06-10-2007, 11:56 AM
I only use 303 and PB Natural Look on my interior. I'd probably go with Meg's Hyper dressing and dilute it to your liking. Cost wise Meg's HD will save you money for the same look on your tires. Have you ever tried Hyperdressing?

Stittville Ed
06-10-2007, 12:16 PM
I picked PB Natural at DetailFest after telling Scott what look I wanted and he told me to try it.
So far I have only used it on tires and I like the look it gives tires.
Seems to last longer than other products I have used.

Craig
06-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Yes, I use it and I'm happy with it. I like the fact that it drys. I have the 303 and PBNL, haven't used much to date. I don't care for that shiny in your face tire dressing. I do use the 303 on my truck bed cover.

ScottB
06-10-2007, 01:00 PM
I think it looks great inside a car, and ok on tires. I find most that want a clean look to tires, without gloss, still prefer the outcome of 303 Protectant. It is a little more satin in look and a little brighter. Best thing, both can be used in or out and fufill many wants. Poorboys Natural Look is a great find.

Bigfoot
06-10-2007, 01:04 PM
NL is designed to be used as an interior only dressing. While it may look good on tires and trim, it will not last more than 3-4 days tops! It is not durable under weather or water.

supercharged
06-10-2007, 01:06 PM
I think I've decided: I think Poorboys Natural Look is going to be my standard tire dressing product going forward.

I'm so tired of the thick, greasy and often messy other products. They are hard to apply evenly, your hands always look black afterwards and sling is often an issue.

Also, I'm not a fan of an overly shiny tire.

Hence, Natural Look. I've been using it as a topper for a while now, but wanted to see what it looks like on its own. Loved it. It's so easy to apply on a foam applicator and it really makes the tires looks like it just came from the factory. Nice and new with the overly in-your-face shine. A little goes a long way as well.

Give it a try everyone, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Poorboy's Natural Look Dressing: Natural Look Dressing is a non-toxic, tri-action lotion performing cleaning, protecting and beautifying duties in one (http://www.autogeek.net/pbnl16.html)
That's one thing I didn't use NL on is tires.

P1et
06-10-2007, 04:29 PM
Actually, I've gotten pretty good durability so far. I can easily go until the next wash and just amp it up a little bit.

If we're talking about rain, then I don't think any dressing that I've used has lasted very long.

Remember too, I have truck tires that require a lot more dressing time and product than you guys with cars. That's why I really needed to find something that was easy to apply and where I wouldn't have to use half a bottle of product.

I bought the $9.99 16 ounce bottle a few months ago and have done tons of tires and interiors with it, it's still 80% full since you don't need to use very much of it.

Gary Sword
06-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Where are the pics P1et? I don't like the wet and shinney look on tires at all. I too like a more natural look.

P1et
06-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Does this help Gary? I my wife's older Sony camera with me today on my bike ride and I just happened to take a pic of the truck.

http://www.southernsoot.com/PBNL.jpg

jonesboy
06-10-2007, 07:51 PM
:confused: AG,

I was just wondering what produtcs are yo using to dress the tires as well.

Feed back please

Gary Sword
06-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Does this help Gary? I my wife's older Sony camera with me today on my bike ride and I just happened to take a pic of the truck.

Thanks for the pic. I may try some of that.

P1et
06-10-2007, 08:23 PM
:confused: AG,

I was just wondering what produtcs are yo using to dress the tires as well.

Feed back please

JonesBoy, I used Poorboys Natural Look on the tires. For application, I used a Megs Gold Class foam applicator.