PDA

View Full Version : Insurance?

lunchboxmunchy
08-14-2013, 04:45 AM
Hey Geeks. As of right now, I am licensed in Hawaii to do auto detailing. Right now, the only insurance that I have is my personal auto insurance. What type of insurance should I look into? Best companies? Average premiums? Thanks guys!

tommythecat
08-14-2013, 05:27 AM
Hey Geeks. As of right now, I am licensed in Hawaii to do auto detailing. Right now, the only insurance that I have is my personal auto insurance. What type of insurance should I look into? Best companies? Average premiums? Thanks guys!

I think the type you are looking for is "garage keepers" insurance. You may have to have separate riders for mobile work and if you keep cars over night (not 100% sure).

As far as companies go I would just look into the local companies in your area. If their rates are ridiculous then go for one of the bigger national companies.

Premiums vary widely form state to state and even regions within states can be higher than others in the same state.

Evan.J
08-14-2013, 06:12 AM
I think the type you are looking for is "garage keepers" insurance. You may have to have separate riders for mobile work and if you keep cars over night (not 100% sure).

As far as companies go I would just look into the local companies in your area. If their rates are ridiculous then go for one of the bigger national companies.

Premiums vary widely form state to state and even regions within states can be higher than others in the same state.

And or General Liablity as well :props:

Pureshine
08-14-2013, 10:11 AM
Your personal insurance won't cover you if your driving your customers cars.

zmcgovern45
08-14-2013, 03:31 PM
I have a business liability policy that includes general liability ($1,000 deductible) with limits of $1,000,000 per incident as well as garage keepers insurance ($500 deductible), Medical coverage, business property coverage (ie your detailing tools and products), and so many other coverages that I probably will never be interested in, but they just fall into this business policy.

My business policy is through State Farm - as are my personal auto, home, and personal article policies so I'm sure I am getting a pretty solid deal for multiple policies.

Anyways, my premium is VERY affordable, under $30/mo. Definitely worth having.

Pureshine
08-14-2013, 03:43 PM
I have a business liability policy that includes general liability ($1,000 deductible) with limits of $1,000,000 per incident as well as garage keepers insurance ($500 deductible), Medical coverage, business property coverage (ie your detailing tools and products), and so many other coverages that I probably will never be interested in, but they just fall into this business policy.

My business policy is through State Farm - as are my personal auto, home, and personal article policies so I'm sure I am getting a pretty solid deal for multiple policies.

I have the same insurance through State Farm well worth it.

lunchboxmunchy
08-14-2013, 03:54 PM
Your personal insurance won't cover you if your driving your customers cars.

My personal insurance is through USAA and they cover me regardless of what type of vehicle I drive as long as i'm licensed for that vehicle. Meaning having my driver's license or motorcycle license.

lunchboxmunchy
08-14-2013, 03:57 PM

I have the same insurance through State Farm well worth it.

Imma call State Farm here in a little while and see what they can do for me! Thanks for input Geeks.

zmcgovern45
08-14-2013, 03:58 PM
That is not the same as driving a vehicle that is not yours.

Your insurance will not (or at least should not if they are smart) cover you on any vehicle other than the ones that are registered to your personal policy.

If you plan to drive customer's vehicles you will need separate coverage.

stiffdogg06
08-14-2013, 04:40 PM
If the person whose car you want to drive carries insurance, you might be able to drive his or her car without breaking the law. This is because some insurance policies cover the vehicle regardless of who is behind the wheel, so long as the driver is not specifically excluded on the policy.

But YOUR personal insurance will not cover another persons car. It covers that particular car on that policy, not person.