PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Detailing Vehicle Suggestions

OnsiteDetailing
08-13-2013, 07:39 PM
Hello, I am just starting my mobile detailing business and am trying to decide on a vehicle to use to carry my stuff. I am trying to stay away from a rig and lean toward a truck or SUV or van. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

TopThatDetail
08-13-2013, 07:46 PM
Astro vans are big for detailers, what type of equipment are your trying to haul will also play a part.. Water tank 50,75,100 gallon tank that's a lot of weight

rmagnus
08-13-2013, 07:49 PM
I'd recommend a van for a dedicated vehicle. If you were to use something for other purposes I'd go with a truck and camper style shell over the bed.

Lots of historical posts on vehicles BTW.

OnsiteDetailing
08-13-2013, 09:30 PM
Astro vans are big for detailers, what type of equipment are your trying to haul will also play a part.. Water tank 50,75,100 gallon tank that's a lot of weight

Thanks for the response.

I will be using a waterless system and steam cleaner for the exterior, so I won't have a pressure washer or the need for large water storage containers (only a couple of 5 gallon containers). The Optima Steam Car Wash machine is the largest piece of equipment, followed by the MyTee HP60, and a Honda EU3000 generator. Then, there is the need for storage for towels, cleaning products, and other necessities.

I have been researching the Ford Transit, but need a vehicle that can double as my personal form of transportation, too. This is why I have been looking at SUVs and pick-ups.

TopThatDetail
08-13-2013, 09:41 PM
Just becareful with using a SUV for multi purpose because of the fumes, don't know if you have kids or anything

sproketser
08-14-2013, 06:03 PM
Welcome aboard .