PDA

View Full Version : Need your advice

cls
06-10-2007, 06:11 AM
Hi Everyone.im very new to car detailing and im really starting to get addicted w this hobby. Have a black car(7mos.old with minor swirls) and been using mothers products: ph1,ph2 and reflections line.Wana try other products so i just recently bought Klasse aio,sg and ps21-Will these be enough to start all over again?Can you give tips/advice?thanks so much.

Truls
06-10-2007, 06:24 AM
Those do good, but they dont remove any swirls.

For swirl removal, look at the XMT line if you got a DA/pc, the XMT360 do remove small swirls, if that aint enough you can step up too XMT1, 2, 3, or 4.

The klasse is as you know cleaner/polish/sealer in one, but as far as i know isnt the sealer in that one "that" durable. so its smart to put p21s carnauba wax (etc) wax over (even that this isnt the most durable wax you can find, it looks good)

Pinnacle Liquid Souveran is king bling on blacks imo.
DuraGloss 101/105 got good looks and durability

Good luck, remeber pics

And welcome to AGol buddy

cls
06-10-2007, 06:35 AM
Thanks Truls for the quick reply!will check the XMT line you mentioned.Any alternatives to XMT?There arent too many selections of detailing products in my country.will ssr be good one before aio and sg?btw,been hearing good things about souveran.will definetly try it soon.

Truls
06-10-2007, 06:42 AM
Poorboys SSR? sg? fill me inn, im not that good regarding those "shorties"

Alternatives to XMT series, Meguiars MG83 is a alt, but i do like the XMT line, the XMT360 is quite uniq.

Know what you meen about low selection, where i live we only got TW and Meguiars, thats why im here, AG got more stuff than ill ever need, and i dig it..

AutoGeek shipps world wide, so thats no problem;)

ScottB
06-10-2007, 08:48 AM
back in the 80's I used Mothers 3-step and thought it could get no better. Wow, how things have changed. I highly suggest Pinnacle (for carnauba lovers), Four Star (for sealant lovers), and Poorboys (for ease of use) to anyone owning a black car.

Dust2Glory
06-10-2007, 09:18 AM
back in the 80's I used Mothers 3-step and thought it could get no better. Wow, how things have changed. I highly suggest Pinnacle (for carnauba lovers), Four Star (for sealant lovers), and Poorboys (for ease of use) to anyone owning a black car.

kinda showing your age there huh killr??? j/k:D thought you were like a late 20's guy with a car like that

ScottB
06-10-2007, 09:41 AM
kinda showing your age there huh killr??? j/k:D thought you were like a late 20's guy with a car like that

nada , 36 and aging quickly. Why do you think I am looking to trade the Vette on an STS-V. Nobody to ride with me anymore especially with two young boys in the home and momma never liked riding with me anyways !

cls
06-10-2007, 10:10 AM
Truls,
me too.im also new with the shorties.im learning so much from this forum.from the new products to tips/techniques!great forum.

killerwheels,
nice ride!thanks for the recommendations.unfortunetly,we dont have that much product selections here in asia.hopefully,i'll be able to try pinnacle products.one more thing.any feedbacks with Jeff werkstatt products?

cls
06-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Poorboys SSR? sg? fill me inn, im not that good regarding those "shorties"

Alternatives to XMT series, Meguiars MG83 is a alt, but i do like the XMT line, the XMT360 is quite uniq.

Know what you meen about low selection, where i live we only got TW and Meguiars, thats why im here, AG got more stuff than ill ever need, and i dig it..

AutoGeek shipps world wide, so thats no problem;)
correct my steps if im wrong:
1.wash and clay
2.xmt360
3.aio
4.sealant and glaze
5.lsp-souveran etc.

if i use xmt360,do i need to apply aio after?Thanks

Nica
06-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Truls,
me too.im also new with the shorties.im learning so much from this forum.from the new products to tips/techniques!great forum.

killerwheels,
nice ride!thanks for the recommendations.unfortunetly,we dont have that much product selections here in asia.hopefully,i'll be able to try pinnacle products.one more thing.any feedbacks with Jeff werkstatt products?

I have heard good things about Jeff Werkstatt products, I have never trid them my self but sounds like a worthy product to try out.

As for your process, here is what I do:

1. Wash
2. Clay + Lube (if required)
3. Polish (if required)
4. Glaze/Sealent
5. Wax

I too used to use Mothers system...I thought it was the best...oh and I'm only 28 ;) funny how quickly perspective quickly changes :D

cls
06-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Thanks Nica.i just realized there so many great products out there.what polish would you recommend?if i have minor swirls,will polish be enough to remove it?

Nica
06-10-2007, 11:36 AM
Thanks Nica.i just realized there so many great products out there.what polish would you recommend?if i have minor swirls,will polish be enough to remove it?

Well here is what I have,

- XMT line up
- Optimum line up
- Poorboys not all of them just some of them
- Menzerna line up

I'm now using a rotary and my favorite polish is Menzerna 106FF. It's pad dependent so you can remove minor to major swirls/scratches. I also enjoy the Optimum line up. To be honest it's all a preference, once you try something and it works to your satisfaction that's all that matters. For me it's Menzerna...wicked product and gives incredable results. So if I was to recomend a product it would have to be Menzerna and Optimum..both good products.

Dust2Glory
06-10-2007, 05:24 PM
definately get 360 in your aresnal... not a big AG user at the moment. but have a bottle of 360 and it's awesome. good for minor swirl and scratches. then go into the xmt 3,4 if not work

Truls
06-10-2007, 05:52 PM
cls: no, no need for any aio after the xmt360 (its A aio itself), apply feks Pinnacle Liquid Souveran directly after.

Getting hang of the shorties after a while, but if there is different products that gets kinda like when shortend down, it aint cool giving a reply on one product, and the person ment another type....

cls
06-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Thanks guys for all your advice/tips.appreciate it!