PDA

View Full Version : making a car shine

clint316
08-13-2013, 12:23 PM
i am pretty new to the detailing world.i got an 01 jetta that is a beautiful green.i keep it washed on a regular basis and now i am looking at putting a good wax on it.already has a decent wax job that beads the water real good,but i still get spots on it even after i get it dried.so my question is,is there any good waxes that shear the water off,and what can i do to get the spots gone in some places it looks like they are in the paint itself.

minorc
08-13-2013, 12:37 PM
What do you mean by spots on it ?

Maybe start by listing your washing methods and we can go from there

Desertnate
08-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Are the spots forming after the rain or are they under the wax?

If you want to get rid of the ones after the rain, a quick rub down with a quick detail spray should probably do the trick. If they are under the wax, you'll need to strip the wax off and do a ground up detail. Either the clay bar step or a gental polish should get rid of most water spots. There is plenty of info here on how to do that and almost limitless opinions on the right products.

Rsurfer
08-13-2013, 01:43 PM
If they are in the paint itself, you will need to polish them out. A water spot remover may work. Claying will help, but will probably not take all the spots out. If your thinking about polishing, get a dual action machine and not those two handle waxers.