PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Clean Auto Dry System

Pages : [1] 2

stingray
03-07-2006, 12:38 AM
What do you guys think about this system? I comes in its own self-draining case and you do not have to dry it -no water spots. ....
seems it would be good for the guy that doesn't have the time to wash n dry car.

MasterShineBoy
03-07-2006, 01:24 AM
I have heard that the chemical used are very harsh on waxes and sealants, and nearly remove every trace of them. I guess it could be good for Zaino prep and other stuff....

Sleper
03-07-2006, 06:54 AM
I have used it.

You can put in any type of Soap. so harshness is not a issue.

Helps stop waterspots especially on windows.

I still like to dry the vehicle.

Cartridges are expensive if you have hard water.

My $0.02

dirtdiggler
03-07-2006, 07:09 AM
the cartridge is a mix media resin that removes the minerals in hard water. I just use it as a foam gun now.

dirt diggler

Benzmeister
03-07-2006, 09:20 AM
I received the original Mr Clean car washing/drying system, as a gift. IMHO it is more work then just washing and drying. One thing I do like is the rinse spray, not the mist the other setting. But I don't use it anymore, as the soap is expensive, and I lucky to get 3 car washes out of one bottle. Also, I never got a complete spot free wash. I understand the new system which is expensive works better, but as I said nothing beat a hand washing and drying.

Tex Star Detail
03-07-2006, 10:01 AM
I bought one when they first came out....Used it for half of a carwash.....cannot find it now......I'm better off without it

stingray
03-10-2006, 10:37 PM
I received the original Mr Clean car washing/drying system, as a gift. IMHO it is more work then just washing and drying. One thing I do like is the rinse spray, not the mist the other setting. But I don't use it anymore, as the soap is expensive, and I lucky to get 3 car washes out of one bottle. Also, I never got a complete spot free wash. I understand the new system which is expensive works better, but as I said nothing beat a hand washing and drying.
How can you tell the difference between the new system and the old system?

stingray
03-10-2006, 10:38 PM
I have heard that the chemical used are very harsh on waxes and sealants, and nearly remove every trace of them. I guess it could be good for Zaino prep and other stuff....
I have used it over Klasse AIO and Klasse Sealant.

supercharged
03-11-2006, 10:15 AM
It takes longer to rinse with it's mist - you'll be better off with guzzler drying towel. It's not worth it. Water pressure becomes extremely LOW!:cool:

98bmw323is
03-12-2006, 04:41 PM
could i just put any soap i want in their and use it as like a foam gun only using the soap function of it, not the rinsing?

since i already have one lying around it would be cheaper then buying a foam gun.

supercharged
03-13-2006, 05:36 AM
That's all it can really be used for.

Benzmeister
03-15-2006, 03:06 PM
How can you tell the difference between the new system and the old system? but don't waste your money, get some good car was from Auto Geek and a good boar's hair brush, a squeege from Griot's and their new double thick micro fiber drying towel, and finally a good nozzle for the hose. one that lay a flat stream of water for riinse. You will accomplish the same thing and in less time then the Mr Clean and you will spend less money. I only use it now to spray the wheel wheels as I said in my first post the rinse setting is the only good thing about Mr Clean.

Benzmeister
03-18-2006, 12:31 PM
How can you tell the difference between the new system and the old system? in price and from what I have seen the sprayer is a bit larger and there are some extra attachments.

GregCavi
03-18-2006, 03:24 PM
its a peice of junk. Its just a shortcut during washing, and we know shortcuts shouldnt be taken during washing!

I have seen my neighbor use it and it just left waterspots and dried streaky.

Greg

BritOn2wheels
03-22-2006, 02:31 PM
My Son bought me one for Christmas, used it once or twice and was very dissapointed. Extremely low water pressure, Expensive Filter catridge, Harsh soap and still left straeks and spots after using all three recommended steps.
Save your money and buy a good Waffle Weave MF towel.