PDA

View Full Version : Metro MasterBlaster

Pages : [1] 2

lunchboxmunchy
08-12-2013, 10:38 PM
Hey Geeks. Do any of you guys & gals have this piece of equipment or it's smaller counterparts? I have a Craftsman vacuum/ blower combo, but the blower portion isn't any good. I have a small compressor, but it isn't as productive as I want. I've done some research on the Metro Blasters and they're pretty sweet!
Feed back please

Pureshine
08-12-2013, 10:50 PM
I've had one for 2 years now works great and won't want to be with out it.

lunchboxmunchy
08-12-2013, 11:05 PM
I've had one for 2 years now works great and won't want to be with out it.

Which model do you have if you don't mind me asking?

Keep Calm & Chive On

sweatthedetails
08-12-2013, 11:11 PM
Just ordered the big one! Should be here on Wednesday. I will use it mostly for blowing out interiors before I start detailing, on top of the car drying ability.

InsaneDiego
08-12-2013, 11:33 PM
I have the little $60 guy. It blows a ton. The only issue is that it's a very small area. It's great to blow out the door jams and the insides of the hatchback. Also great for grill work to get the water out. It's not going to dry your car though. For that you need the monster version.

lunchboxmunchy
08-12-2013, 11:39 PM
I have the little $60 guy. It blows a ton. The only issue is that it's a very small area. It's great to blow out the door jams and the insides of the hatchback. Also great for grill work to get the water out. It's not going to dry your car though. For that you need the monster version.

Cool. Good to know. I guess i'm going to have to sell both of my kidney's to get them. HahaIm the MAN

AutowerxDetailing
08-12-2013, 11:46 PM
I got one in a giveaway from here. It's the full size master blaster. I still need to do a review on it. I've been so freaking busy and I feel bad that I haven't had the time to put the review together yet. I'll have to get it done this weekend...

Here is what I have noticed so far since using it on a couple dozen vehicles:

- If your vehicle is coated/waxed/sealed you can enjoy true touchless drying.

- If you are working on a hoopty with no wax, it doesn't work very well. For neglected vehicles I just use it for mirrors and wheels and dry body panels with a waffle weave.

- It is great for interiors (under seats, etc).

- It works 10000x better than a blower. I have a STIHL gas powered blower and it does not dry the vehicle as fast or as well as the Master Blaster. You really are missing out if you think that a leaf blower is doing the same job as these Metro units...

If you do any sort of correction work on a routine basis you will love the fact that after a thorough blow dry with a master blaster you will not have to deal with any water drips whatsoever while polishing the car.

Pureshine
08-13-2013, 12:11 AM

Keep Calm & Chive On

The Master Blaster 8hp

Pureshine
08-13-2013, 12:20 AM

Keep Calm & Chive On

The Master Blaster 8hp

KS_Detailing
09-01-2013, 09:40 AM
can the 6ft hose attach to the standard 10ft hose it comes with? The hose does not say it attaches to the metro master blaster.

From the website:

"The Metro Vac N Blo 6 ft. Hose works with the Wall Mount Vac N Blo Sr. (http://www.autogeek.net/walmounvacnb.html) and the Vac N Blo Portable Vacuum (http://www.autogeek.net/vacnbloporva.html). This hose attaches to both vacuums’ existing hoses. Every hose has a power control at one end to control the flow of air."

swanicyouth
09-01-2013, 09:47 AM
I have the Air Force Blaster and the Sidekick. Indispensable tools. Forget using to dry a car. You can use them to dry pads, blow dust off your car, blow interiors, or dry anything. I use both constantly. I wouldn't be without them.

swanicyouth
09-01-2013, 09:50 AM
can the 6ft hose attach to the standard 10ft hose it comes with? The hose does not say it attaches to the metro master blaster.

From the website:

"The Metro Vac N Blo 6 ft. Hose works with the Wall Mount Vac N Blo Sr. (http://www.autogeek.net/walmounvacnb.html) and the Vac N Blo Portable Vacuum (http://www.autogeek.net/vacnbloporva.html). This hose attaches to both vacuums’ existing hoses. Every hose has a power control at one end to control the flow of air."

I think I have the 3 foot version of the hose you are talking about. Its much thinner than the one that comes with the Blaster. It fits internally on the hole of the Airforce Blaster. You can use it there, but you have to tape it. I don't think a hose designed for a Vac N Blo will work as an extension for the Blaster.

Pureshine
09-01-2013, 10:43 AM

From the website:

There is a extension hose for it its 10 feet long and when I talked to them he told me to glue it or clamp it to the original hose.

KS_Detailing
09-02-2013, 05:28 AM
Thanks for the replies. I bought the metro master blaster. I had a dedicated 6.5 hp shop vac that was used only for air drying. I had another shop vac for vacuuming. I prefer to air dry then follow with a light hand dry. But the shop vac did an okay job. I can't wait to try this out. I couldn't find the 10 ft hose you were talking about and didnt know if the 6 ft hose attached so I didn't order any extra hoses. Ill see how it does with the standard hose. I wanted to be able to dry to the car without needing to move the metro. I have a work cart I'll prob put it on and just wheel it around if need be.

silverfox
09-02-2013, 05:38 AM
Just be warned that owning one of these doesn't necessary cut down on drying time. It's a safer way to dry...not a faster way to dry.

Also keep this in mind... If you are the type that lays down a spray wax or detail spray after you dry the car, a master blaster just adds another step in the process because you are drying everything down , then applying a spray liquid after drying the car...when you could be drying the car AND laying down a spray product in one step as you dry the car.

I find the metro most useful for drying the hard to get areas and only those areas.

The rest of the car I dry down with a damp 600 weight MF towel with a spritz of a spray wax or spray sealant to act as both a drying agent and protection and gloss in one step.