PDA

View Full Version : My Introduction and Broken Windshield

Jake342
08-12-2013, 07:04 PM
Hello to all and welcome to my first post ever on the Geek! I'm 18 years old and just started my senior year in high school last week. I'm just a weekend perfectionist who enjoys cars and most importantly detailing. I also participate in football and track after school daily.

Now that my introduction is over I would like to share a beginner mistake with everyone. Pressure washing a car with the windshield wipers in the up position! This past weekend I had been washing my mom's 1 series bmw for about 5 hours. This is what I would call my first real "detail" or attempt anyways. After foaming and everything I was walking around the car washing it with the pressure hose when the stream of water nipped the wiper and rocketed it against the windshield. Luckily it wasn't to big of a deal since insurance was more then happy to cover the cost.

Also I would like to let everyone in my area know that I'm more then happy to help out on a detail for free just to gain some first hand knowledge!

I snapped some pictures for everyone's viewing pleasure!

sproketser
08-12-2013, 07:25 PM
Welcome aboard , cracked windshields suck big time mate .

Jake342
08-12-2013, 08:25 PM
Welcome aboard , cracked windshields suck big time mate .

Tell me about it! Luckily it will be getting fixed on Friday! Then back to detailing. :doh:

Paul Mitchell
08-12-2013, 10:49 PM
Welcome to AGO.

Pureshine
08-13-2013, 12:48 AM
Welcome to AGO :)

umana2482
08-13-2013, 01:56 AM
Welcome aboard rookie.

Sent from my HTC One using AG Online

sproketser
08-13-2013, 05:42 AM
Tell me about it! Luckily it will be getting fixed on Friday! Then back to detailing. :doh:
It will be cool then .