PDA

View Full Version : Fasted way hand wash a car?

henryhut
08-12-2013, 09:15 AM
I am exploring opening a hand car wash. What is the fastest method to hand wash and achieve a shiny,clean,dry car?

Rince, foam soap, hand wash, rince, rince-wax, dry?

zmcgovern45
08-12-2013, 09:22 AM
Fastest or safest? The 2 do not typically go hand in hand...

I can see you are a new member here, so welcome to the forum.

Are you familiar with proper washing and drying methods?

Here is a good article about the typical "hand car washes".
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/40122-reality-100-hand-car-wash.html

In all reality though, most people simply looking for a car wash are not going to want to pay more money and wait longer for you to complete a proper wheel cleaning, foam pre-soak, 2 bucket method wash, rinse, and dry which is why these "hand car wash" places remain in business. The average car owner is not aware of the damage being inflicted on their vehicles by the vast majority of public car washes.

silverfox
08-12-2013, 09:49 AM
The problem here is that the typical car owner (97% of them or so) are not going to pay for a "safe" (premium) car wash...in same manner you would wash your own car.

So what would most of them pay for? Unfortunately...they already are paying for those services.

Frankly...and this might sound very crazy (because most detailers hate doing interiors)...is consider doing interiors (or adding it) which people will pay a premium price for (at least in my typical neighborhood).

I'm always asked if I do interiors.

Crispy
08-12-2013, 03:27 PM
Depending on where you are there are different ways to proceed.
Firstly, I like to wash my car, but in the winter in Southern Ontario there is no place to do it. Has anyone tried a "Do It Yourself " wash bay idea. You rent the space out by the hour and provide controlled atmosphere, super filtered water and drying air pressure if needed. You could have small quantities of car wash soap, waxes, sealants, rags, tire gels etc. to sell to Customer's as a sideline (heck you could even have gallon jugs of your favorite stuff to order in for Customer's). Just wondering if anyone has seen this elsewhere (a mechanic's lift shop that you can rent would also appeal to the DIY types).
When I do wash my car I follow these steps:
1. Thoroughly rinse with "shower" setting on nozzle
2. Sponge/Cloth wash with Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax and let sit couple minutes
3. Thoroughly rinse with "shower" setting on nozzle
4. Squeegee with The Original California Car Duster 20080 12"
Jelly Blade.
5. Dry with Micro Fiber Drying Towel (the squeegee only gets 90% of the paint dry)
Whole process 20-30 minutes.
Optional
Use Speedy Surface Prep Towel and Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer (can take as little as 15 minutes to do whole car)

BlackHawk
08-12-2013, 04:30 PM
Depending on where you are there are different ways to proceed.
Firstly, I like to wash my car, but in the winter in Southern Ontario there is no place to do it. Has anyone tried a "Do It Yourself " wash bay idea. You rent the space out by the hour and provide controlled atmosphere, super filtered water and drying air pressure if needed. You could have small quantities of car wash soap, waxes, sealants, rags, tire gels etc. to sell to Customer's as a sideline (heck you could even have gallon jugs of your favorite stuff to order in for Customer's). Just wondering if anyone has seen this elsewhere (a mechanic's lift shop that you can rent would also appeal to the DIY types).
When I do wash my car I follow these steps:
1. Thoroughly rinse with "shower" setting on nozzle
2. Sponge/Cloth wash with Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax and let sit couple minutes
3. Thoroughly rinse with "shower" setting on nozzle
4. Squeegee with The Original California Car Duster 20080 12"
Jelly Blade.
5. Dry with Micro Fiber Drying Towel (the squeegee only gets 90% of the paint dry)
Whole process 20-30 minutes.
Optional
Use Speedy Surface Prep Towel and Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer (can take as little as 15 minutes to do whole car)

I would never use a squeegee....but thats just me and my black car lol

ken tuep
08-12-2013, 04:49 PM
The squeegees are great for windows. I've also used on cars that are light colored, and getting polished.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online