PDA

View Full Version : Carpet problems

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jessemll
08-11-2013, 07:34 PM
Hi all. I have been looking over this site for awhile now and have been experimenting on my two cars, seeing what I can do as far as making them look there best. I have them looking pretty good thanks to all the great information found here. Now have a problem that I need some advice on. I decided to use a small Brissell steam cleaner to clean the carpet in my truck. The directions called for a mixer of oxy boost, spot&strain remover, and hot water. After I was finished I noticed these light green/yellow patches all over. I think the oxy boost discolored my carpet (pictures attached) maybe were some stains were before or something. Has anyone had this happen? Any advice? I was thinking of getting some carpet dye and trying that or maybe cleaning the spots with something else. Anything would be great short of replacing the carpet. It's a 08 f150

Jessemll
08-11-2013, 07:37 PM
Another pic

Flash Gordon
08-11-2013, 07:38 PM
That stain looks permanent. You could redye that area, but you would need to mask off a good portion of the interior to keep overspray at bay

Flash Gordon
08-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Another pic

That's a better pic :props:

It wouldn't take but a bed sheet or three to mask the area

Evan.J
08-11-2013, 07:41 PM
Do you know if there anything spilled into the carpets?

I would try folex(you can get a HD) spray agitate with a brush and warm water the use plain hot water in your extractor to try lifting the stain.

Jessemll
08-11-2013, 07:41 PM
That's what I thought. It almost looks like bleach spots.

Jessemll
08-11-2013, 07:42 PM
I never spilled anything but I am the second owner so maybe something was spilled before I got the truck.

Jessemll
08-11-2013, 07:47 PM
That folex is available at lowes in my town so I may pick up some of that and give it a try before dye. Could it be rust under the carpet being pulled up and re-acting with the oxy. Anyone see something like this before.

Flash Gordon
08-11-2013, 07:50 PM
That folex is available at lowes in my town so I may pick up some of that and give it a try before dye. Could it be rust under the carpet being pulled up and re-acting with the oxy. Anyone see something like this before.

Never hurts to have folex around :props:

Jessemll
08-11-2013, 07:52 PM
Should have probably used folex to being with. Live and learn.

Flash Gordon
08-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Live and learn.

All part of life son, all part of life ...

I still say the stain is permanent fwiw

Jessemll
08-11-2013, 07:59 PM
I think so too Flash Gordon. Unfortunately.

davidc
08-11-2013, 08:01 PM
Looks exactly like when the wife took chili in a pot to work and it spilled everywhere. It took forever to liquify what had dried up under the rug and suck it all out. It took a while using hot water and a Bissell pro heat but it did clean up with no surface staining. And yes it could also be rust. You may try removing the kick panel and entrance plastic to take a look see under the rug and padding. When the wife does anymore of the food on wheels routines now the pot is in a plastic trash bag in case it spills.

Dave

Flash Gordon
08-11-2013, 08:03 PM
Looks exactly like when the wife took chili in a pot to work and it spilled everywhere. It took forever to liquify what had dried up under the rug and suck it all out. It took a while using hot water and a Bissell pro heat but it did clean up with no surface staining. And yes it could also be rust. You may try removing the kick panel and entrance plastic to take a look see under the rug and padding. When the wife does anymore of the food on wheels routines now the pot is in a plastic trash bag in case it spills.

Dave

All over America interiors are being ruined in the name of feeding the needy

Jessemll
08-11-2013, 08:06 PM
Good idea davidc. I will take a look under there tomorrow morning. maybe I have bigger problems then use stained carpet.