PDA

View Full Version : Haze on hood

kevincwelch
08-11-2013, 09:59 AM
I noticed a haze on my hood yesterday. I am trying to figure out whether this is due to the Collinite 845 and lack of buffing, UWW, ONR or Pinnacle Souveran spray wax.

I don't think it's oxidation, because a nice microfiber and some buffing removed it, and I suppose that would be really unusual on a new car.

History: I polished my car and put down some Menzerna powerlock followed by 845 (after curing) about 1 month ago. I've intermittently been cleaning it with UWW+ or ONR and topping the finish with Souveran spray wax since that time. I washed the car yesterday with ONR and then noticed the haze.

It's possible I've never noticed the haze and completely failed to adequately buff the 845 away, but I feel like the haze is something new. I saw it only on the hood. I tried taking pictures, but it was only under incandescent light that it could be seen.

Has anyone noticed this with UWW or ONR? Just didn't buff enough?

swanicyouth
08-11-2013, 11:01 AM
It could be anything. Its nothing to worry about. It usually shows up on the hood because of the heat of the engine and its most noticeable on a dark car. Its probably left over "protection" from a waterless or rinseless product.

kevincwelch
08-11-2013, 12:05 PM
It could be anything. Its nothing to worry about. It usually shows up on the hood because of the heat of the engine and its most noticeable on a dark car. Its probably left over "protection" from a waterless or rinseless product.

I have no engine per se, but I'm going to assume it was left over product since it buffed away with the microfiber.