PDA

View Full Version : Polychargers or Flash Cure Additive?

nubaseal
08-11-2013, 05:19 AM
Well, I have been by happy with my Duragloss 105 Sealant but I just discovered their 601 - Polish Bonding Agent. Upon further reading, it seems like Duragloss calls it POLISH BONDING AGENT while Zaino calls it ZFX - FLASH CURE ACEELERATOR ADDITIVE.
Both sound like the same thing designed to allow the sealant to bond better, last longer and cure faster.

As simple as that sounds, there is another product called POLYCHARGERS and is sold separately here on AG that seems to do the same job. It seems, PFC took their Four Star Paint Sealant and added Polychargers to it and now sell it as UPGP. UPGP cures in 45 minutes, unlike most sealant and is a wipe on walk away.

Are all these products - Polychargers, DG 601 and Zaino ZFX the same thing branded by different corporations? Since my favorite brand is DG, I am disappointed they haven't come out with ready to use polycharged version of their amazing sealant DG 105.

Old Tiger
08-11-2013, 05:40 AM
The waterbased Polycharger mixes with water based Sealants, waxes and QDs. It has a long half life. The carbon based PC is used in solvents and n must be used within 12 or 24 hours. I would stick with the 601.

nubaseal
08-11-2013, 07:36 AM
So there is no premixed version of DG 105 that is polycharged and WOWA?

The waterbased Polycharger mixes with water based Sealants, waxes and QDs. It has a long half life. The carbon based PC is used in solvents and n must be used within 12 or 24 hours. I would stick with the 601.
Thanks for that info, appreciate it.