PDA

View Full Version : Steam clenaing

lunchboxmunchy
08-11-2013, 04:57 AM
Hey AGians. I have a growing interest in purchasing a steam machine to add to my arsenal of detailing tools. Any preference or advice on which machine to go for? Please keep I mind, I don't have a HUGE budget. Lol. Some of you guys and gals go crazy. I'm also curious as to which would work better on carpets and upholstery, a steamer or a hot water extractor? I have an extractor already, but it doesn't seem to be as impressive as I was wanting.

Keep Calm & Chive On

dsg03gt
08-11-2013, 06:09 AM
If you're on a budget check out the McCollough steamer. I think that's how you spell it. I bought one a couple months ago and its great for the $90 I spent on it

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

dano126
08-11-2013, 08:14 AM
Steamers are great I use one all the time, door jams, headliners, dashboards, consoles, nooks crannies, wheels. Saves on product also. Unfortunately, you get what you pay for when it comes to steamers. Mine cost $1200, ouch. But never any problems, works like a champ. Got it from Reny in Calif., there is another one that hooks up to a tornador, wish I would have got that one. Check the tornador website, also pricey, but awesome and speeds up detail time. Ultimately for cheaper but better performing steamers keep an eye on ebay or used janitorial equipment web sties. Stay away from the walmart variety $ 50 steamers.

poweraid
08-11-2013, 08:26 AM
for the little I use one on my own vehicles and maybe a few family members , my McCulloch works just fine , same as an extractor my little use my bissel spot clean pro good enough

dano126
08-11-2013, 08:50 AM
What extractor do you use ? And how often are you using it ? A few times a year or every week professionally ? In the long haul extractors will work better on carpets cause they pull the dirt out. But you need a good one with at least 75 inches of lift, over a 100 is better. I go in with an extractor and get tough stains out with a steamer and oxy clean.

VP Mark
08-11-2013, 09:34 AM
+1 on the McCulloch steamer. I do this for a living and it does not disappoint.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

stilltipping3
08-11-2013, 10:17 AM
What extractor do you use ? And how often are you using it ? A few times a year or every week professionally ? In the long haul extractors will work better on carpets cause they pull the dirt out. But you need a good one with at least 75 inches of lift, over a 100 is better. I go in with an extractor and get tough stains out with a steamer and oxy clean.

You put oxy clean in the steamer?

lunchboxmunchy
08-11-2013, 10:35 AM

I have a mytee s300. The mini one. I use it about once a week professionally.

Keep Calm & Chive On

CriticalDetails
08-11-2013, 10:55 AM
Here is a link to a steam cleaner thread started the other week. Critical Details: Lets Talk Steam Cleaners. (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/68483-critical-details-lets-talk-steam-cleaners.html) I hope the thread helps answer any questions you or any others may have about steam cleaners.

HateSwirls
08-11-2013, 11:23 AM
I love my McCulloch steamer, I've had it for three years now without problems.
In fact I used I used it yesterday to clean my interior.
Harbor Freight for $125.00

Pats300zx
08-11-2013, 11:25 AM
I love my McCulloch steamer, I've had it for three years now without problems.
In fact I used I used it yesterday to clean my interior.
Harbor Freight for $125.00

I have a McCulloch and I love it. I got mine on sale for $50 on Amazon during some crazy sale. I use it around the house all the time.

mallic
08-12-2013, 02:14 PM
Steamers are great I use one all the time, door jams, headliners, dashboards, consoles, nooks crannies, wheels. Saves on product also. Unfortunately, you get what you pay for when it comes to steamers. Mine cost $1200, ouch. But never any problems, works like a champ. Got it from Reny in Calif., there is another one that hooks up to a tornador, wish I would have got that one. Check the tornador website, also pricey, but awesome and speeds up detail time. Ultimately for cheaper but better performing steamers keep an eye on ebay or used janitorial equipment web sties. Stay away from the walmart variety $ 50 steamers.

Dano126...which make/model of steamer that can hooked up with a tornador?

BradsDetailing
08-12-2013, 02:44 PM
I have the Wagner steamer which is comparable to the mcculloch on amazon. Works great for me, I save on product and can clean pretty much anything with it. Hasn't disappointed me yet.