PDA

View Full Version : Foam Gun Mixture

lunchboxmunchy
08-11-2013, 02:00 AM
Hey Geeks. I just picked up a Gilmour 75QGFMR Foamaster Gun. I also picked up some Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam. The instructions said nothing about how many ounces to use when prepping the reservoir. Any knowledge or advice for optimum performance.
Feed back please

VISITOR
08-11-2013, 02:33 AM
take an empty water gallon jug (from the .99 cent store) and add about 5 ounces or car soap and see how it works out for you. if not, add one ounce of soap at a time and see if it gradually performs to your liking and adjust as necessary. you should be able to fill up the foam gun canister four times from it and it's easier than having to keep adding soap and water everytime you need to use it...

lunchboxmunchy
08-11-2013, 02:51 AM
take an empty water gallon jug (from the .99 cent store) and add about 5 ounces or car soap and see how it works out for you. if not, add one ounce of soap at a time and see if it gradually performs to your liking and adjust as necessary. you should be able to fill up the foam gun canister four times from it and it's easier than having to keep adding soap and water everytime you need to use it...

So... Put 5 ounces of soap in an empty jug, followed by water. Shake it and add it to my gun as needed. Is that what you're saying?

Keep Calm & Chive On

david11g35
08-11-2013, 03:01 AM
2 or 3 ounces

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

lunchboxmunchy
08-11-2013, 03:08 AM
2 or 3 ounces

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Would it be better to put the water in first, followed by the concentrate?

Keep Calm & Chive On

silverfox
08-11-2013, 04:43 AM
Lets make this really easy...don't add any water. Put the soap in undiluted say about 4-6 oz. Set to setting "A" which dispenses the least amount.

Let the gun do the proper dilution mixing for you. That's what it was designed to do.

I've never mixed water and soap in the container and I find I waste a lot less product that way. 4-6oz lasts me a month of washes at once per week.

Having said that I use DG 901 which dilutes perfectly at setting A and never clogs the suction tube and I will admit its a perfect soap for the Gilmour.

lunchboxmunchy
08-11-2013, 04:52 AM
Lets make this really easy...don't add any water. Put the soap in undiluted say about 4-6 oz. Set to setting "A" which dispenses the least amount.

Let the gun do the proper dilution mixing for you. That's what it was designed to do.

I've never mixed water and soap in the container and I find I waste a lot less product that way. 4-6oz lasts me a month of washes at once per week.

Having said that I use DG 901 which dilutes perfectly at setting A and never clogs the suction tube and I will admit its a perfect soap for the Gilmour.

Awesome! Thanks.

Keep Calm & Chive On

lucky417
08-11-2013, 07:59 AM
i started the same thread a couple weeks ago and also called CG. read through the posts on that thread. i found that about 4 oz on the c setting was really foamy. i used 3 oz as well and it was ok as well. just kinda have to play around with it.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/67981-honeydew-ratio-gilmore-foam-gun.html

VISITOR
08-11-2013, 11:19 PM
So... Put 5 ounces of soap in an empty jug, followed by water. Shake it and add it to my gun as needed. Is that what you're saying?

Keep Calm & Chive On

yes, you could do that. but instead if you're using 3-5 ounces each time you fill up the canister then you can see you'll be using more soap. try it out and if it doesn't work out for you, then go back to just filling the canister each time you want to use it. everyone has their own preference like anything else...

InsaneDiego
08-13-2013, 12:04 AM
I believe it's about 2 oz plus the water. I fill it with the water first otherwise it foams up inside. It seems that each squeez out of the 16 oz bottle will give about 1 oz of product so I use 2 squeezes. It's not a foam cannon so I don't expect lather but I do get good foam. I use the E Full Power setting. I don't understand why you would use less than full power as the whole point is to get it to foam. I can cover the entire car with room to spare using the full quart of water/soap. That's about 60-90 seconds of spraying.

There was discussion in another thread, to dilute or not? I did an experiment when I first got it. The answer...it doesn't matter. You get the same foam either way. As someone said, the thickness of the soap makes it pull slower out of the just so it's not like you suck it dry in a few seconds. Bottom line for me though is that I don't want to leave soap in the gun when I'm finished so I dilute it. When I'm finished I pour in fresh water and squirt it all out so it's ready to go clean for the next time.