PDA

View Full Version : Tornador Black vs Mytee Firebird

Angel_r24
08-11-2013, 01:12 AM
Hello all, I have a tornador black but have been recently intrigued by the steamers, particularly the Mytee Firebird. If anybody has both or tried both, which is better to have. If Mytee is to be chosen then I would sell the Tornador and compressor to make up for that Mytee. I just purchased the Mytee Lite and absolutely love it. I went from a Rug Doctor to the Lite and its a big difference.

What do yall say?

BradsDetailing
08-11-2013, 01:25 AM
I haven't used a tornado at all but a tornado and a steamer are somewhat similiar but not the same type of machine. A steamer, I would think, would clean better. I have a $90 mcculloch steamer and I can clean almost anything with it, even melted on hard candies.

A tornado, to me, would be good at spreading cleaner in tight areas and so forth but I don't see it having any cleaning power besides the cleaner itself. I personally don't see the point in them unless they making scrubbing up dirt and grime less difficult.I would think a steamer would clean more effectively since it's using a hotter liquid.

I know I can clean almost anything with a steamer in the interior and not have to use any apc.

Angel_r24
08-11-2013, 07:13 AM
With the tornador I feel I can clean almost anything as the steamer. They both have their pros and cons. The best pro that I have that Tornador has over the steamer is that I can use the blower. For those crevices all over the dash including the radio section, I can spray the chemical and then use the blower to take everything out and it dries it quick. Thats my only downfall or scare from a steamer, will it harm that type of areas?

And the steamer would save me down the road with just no compressor noise, habing to refill the tornador tank. Steamer would kill all bacteria.

Hmmmm....just looking for someone who has both and what their best advise is.

CCC4me
08-11-2013, 11:10 AM
I have both a steamer and a Tornador. While I love them both and use them both on every detail, if it came down to choosing one it would be the steamer. In fact, I've kind of transitioned to using the Tornador for dressing duties after doing all my cleaning with a steamer. It may be because I started with a steamer and am more comfortable with it, but I've had at least two years experience with both.

Angel_r24
08-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Thanks for that input. I have it listed in ebay and my local craigslist. Already have someone interested in the tornador so I may just get the steamer. May I ask which steamer you have?

CCC4me
08-11-2013, 12:06 PM
I have the Vapor Jet 2400. Works really well, but some of the more budget friendly models that have their following here on AG really do work just as well.