PDA

View Full Version : Detailing bathroom

goldenlight
08-09-2013, 03:14 PM
I'm Seriously thinking of detailing the Fiberglass shower tub and the Fiberglass tub..

Has anyone ever tried this with a Dual Action Polisher??? the bathroom is about 20 yrs old.

Ipsdrew
08-09-2013, 03:27 PM
I did in my old house. Used the Klasse twins with my GG6 and a green ccs pad. Added a nice shine and the shower was soap scum and water spot free for almost a year!

catfish07
08-09-2013, 04:27 PM
Funny story... I used my flex 3401 and menzerna fast gloss on my cultured marble bathroom counter. While it turned out amazing to say the least, being in a small room, it created a horrible toxic smell from the polish.. I opened the window and used a fan to suck out the smell for 24 hours. I know first hand to use in an open air situation.. lesson learned!

Robert8194
08-09-2013, 04:52 PM
And after you polish it, you need to Bullet Proof it. Our granite dealer swears by the stuff. I was going to Opti Coat the granite but this stuff looks cheaper and made for stone.

KillaCam
08-09-2013, 06:11 PM
Yes you should. I just did mine a few weeks ago and it turned out great. I made a thread on it.

davidc
08-09-2013, 06:14 PM
I'm Seriously thinking of detailing the Fiberglass shower tub and the Fiberglass tub..

Has anyone ever tried this with a Dual Action Polisher??? the bathroom is about 20 yrs old.

I used the rotary and a wool pad, tried the DA and things were lets say a little slooooooooooow. I really did not want to make a career out of the job.

Dave

scrubs147
08-09-2013, 06:20 PM
I detail the interior of RVs every now and again. I use Meguiars M100 Pro Speed Compound with an orange pad (flex) to remove soap scum and finish up with Pro Polish (this include the shower doors). I use Buff Magic on all the shiny stuff.

davidc
08-09-2013, 06:40 PM
Just a note. Before any buffing I used P21s polishing soap which cleaned up any scum on the shower doors , fiberglass and polished any surrounding metal. Took first place in the show, the Wife even gave me a free ticket to do it again next time http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

Dave

beamerstrumpet
08-09-2013, 07:04 PM
We have one of the tubs that you can not use anything but baking soda to clean. We have been using the magic sponges, this is hard work and not very good. I have a old HF black or blue pad. do you guys think baking soda or some mild cleaner and one of thoes pads would do the tub? As for as the tile which is on the 3 walls around it, I have UNO, UC, UP. and Megs paint cleaner. which would you use on the tile with what pad? I have B&S yellow white blue red black. Of course this would never get used on the car again.

goldenlight
08-09-2013, 08:17 PM
Wow thanks for all the replies. I know first hand about toxic fumes. I don't have a window in the bathroom. Just a exhaust fan.

I will use Meguiars Ultimate Compound followed up with Ult Polish followed up with Ultimate LIquid wax.

Will use Light cut pad, Polish pad , and Finishing pad..

beamerstrumpet
08-09-2013, 08:21 PM
Remember dont wax the tub floor!!!!,, you will not be able to stand up in it again!! even compounding it may do that. did you see where I have used baking soda? I would do that in a paste as a mild abrasive and no slick stuff left behind.

BillE
08-10-2013, 07:01 AM
For me, I use Meguiar's M-50 (Marine Cleaner Wax) and a 'white' pad. Do it a couple times a year.

As stated above...DON'T wax the floor!

Bill

beamerstrumpet
08-10-2013, 11:17 PM
Today, I took TILEX no bleach formula and a blue HF pad,,(about all its good for) and did my tile in my tub/shower. Ill use tile sealer tomorrow.

Jomax
08-10-2013, 11:46 PM
As stated above...DON'T wax the floor!

Bill

But I love the way it beads!