PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Gloves

Pages : [1] 2

DogRescuer
08-09-2013, 05:54 AM
I had a couple ? about them

Does anyone use them when cleaning cars?
If so why?
If so what type/brand?
If not why, just preferance?
Thanks to all in advance.

shortcut11
08-09-2013, 06:16 AM
I use the standard latex gloves like the doctor's offices have. I have some messed up skin on my fingers and the products usually dry my hands up which causes cracking.

Robert8194
08-09-2013, 06:44 AM
I use the standard latex gloves like you can get most anywhere when cleaning nasty wheels. Sometimes I use just one and do all of the dirty stuff with that hand and keep it on when I wash the car. When steaming, I usually were mechanics gloves. Also use them when working under seats and places where you might get cut. I used to have a problem with products drying out my hands. Occasionally, I will apply leather conditioner to the seats and massage in with my hands. Works better than any hand lotion I have found.

BillE
08-09-2013, 06:52 AM
I use 'em! Actually Nitrile, but still a 'rubber glove.'

Doing tires is when I grab them first. I guess (as I think about it), I use them for just about anything except "Polishin' and Waxin' " Just easier to rip the gloves off then spend a lot of time trying to get whatever off my hands. I still do a bit of wrench turning, they are a life (or is that hand) saver.

I get them at Sam's Club, Costco, drug store, etc.. Pretty common product.

Bill

Kevin Cullen
08-09-2013, 06:53 AM
I use green nitrile chemical gloves. Just protection from the chemicals in any of the products and you don't need to change gloves for different steps in the process. I use these because they are tough and don't tear easily. One thing they don't protect from (as Robert pointed out) is random sharp objects that may be hidden.

c8n
08-09-2013, 07:16 AM
I use them all the time.
One of the biggest benefit as in terms of your paint is that there will be no oily finger prints.

jayshut11
08-09-2013, 07:37 AM
I like to use nitrile gloves, as well as a heavy duty rubber pair for things like steel wool.

Gloves in general prevent oily fingerprints, protect your hands from chemicals, and keep your hands clean. There's nothing worse than getting your hands dirty on the wheels or exhaust and then touching something like a clean interior.

Another great benefit is, since they keep the water off your hands, they make washing the car in cold weather far less miserable, a big plus in northern parts of the country. Combine gloves with buckets of warm water, and you're good to go.

jsgntulok
08-09-2013, 07:54 AM
I use tile grouting gloves from Home Depot when washing a car. They are almost elbow length so work great with buckets of washing solution. For other work with various products, I use nitrile gloves.

Christopher.Brown
08-09-2013, 08:02 AM
Nitrile 9mm for sure :props:

Pureshine
08-09-2013, 10:21 AM
Ya I use nitrile gloves from Harbor freight great price.

Bunky
08-09-2013, 10:39 AM
In the winter I use the Latex brand gloves used for washing dishes - thick, insulated to some degree, and durable. Otherwise, I use nitrile gloves.

cleanmycorolla
08-09-2013, 10:55 AM
Box of 100 every 4 month, nitrile from harbor freight!

DogRescuer
08-09-2013, 02:26 PM
A big thanks to everyone!!!

statusdetailing
08-09-2013, 03:46 PM
I use nitrile gloves religiously . If its on your hands its in your blood stream. Your kidneys /liver/etc have to filter that out. Don't expect to live much past 60 if you never wear gloves

Corey@OptimalDetailing
08-09-2013, 06:51 PM
I tend to where gloves anytime I'm working around chemicals. Whether I'm doing an oil change or detailing. I run SAS Raven gloves, mostly because I get a huge discount on them from work. They are great.